Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 HpdVuFq

The good news is, I found the power generator.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 MSZC76o

The bad news is, I practically blinded myself turning on the lights.

So yeah, with this I'm roughly 50% through with the underground base. I told myself I'd finish the layout of the dungeon before working on cutscenes and stuff, but I think this might be a good checkpoint to go back and do that.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am

Okay so 1, I think I'm a little bit too impatient to start the cutscenes now since I've been in an unusually large mood for mapping. And 2, I somehow forgot a large room on my drawn map of the dungeon and wound up skipping over it entirely. I mean I could have gone on without it, but that would mean skipping out on something very convenient.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 WdTFpGT

Here's the room I've added in. Not a whole lot to it save for some height differences, some nice springs and an item to grab.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Tb46lNf

However, when you turn the power back on...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 G0OY0bK

While there are still some dark rooms in the lower levels of the base, the elevator starts working again. While you still have to do some backtracking after visiting the power generator to get here (though there's a nifty shortcut hidden along the way back,)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 ZjJFPjg

This elevator leads you back to the beginning. This is a very helpful shortcut because the whole way back is somewhat lengthy.

And with that, I am now officially 50% through with this dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm

I took the rest of the week off to tend to some other things, but now it's back to work. I've gotten a start on making the scenes as promised.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 XVS7jJS

I'm sure there's more I can do to make this title more interesting, but this is what I've got on it so far. Feedback would be appreciated.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 QSu86c3

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Pcwglep

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 JH97DHm

This is becoming increasingly more difficult without a proper completed charset for Tab. I might have to put some things on hold just to get it done.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 10:59 am

Progress has been slow, since I've been trying to work up a revised tileset for the second half of the dungeon. I have the tools at hand, but I'm low on ideas on how to put them to work. Though it'd help if I actually had the free time to sit down and experiment, but I keep getting preoccupied.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 03DMyM4

Progress, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 RA5cttR Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 P6CEhaC

Trying out some dynamic room designs or whatever.  Basically there are two entrances to this room; the main one being down on the main floor, while this side one is accessed elsewhere to reach something you couldn't before.

At this point I'm just kinda winging it. That's literally all I thought up for this room, so I figured I'd go ahead and see where it gets me. That's basically how I've been working for the past few weeks; I only have a handful of disjointed, disconnected ideas for this part of the dungeon and not a complete sequence. That's pretty much the reason why it's been slow, but I've been getting somewhere at least. Whipped up some new tiles and made a few new rooms. But it'll be a while before I start connecting the dots.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:35 pm

oops. It only just hit me that the way I designed the save points was flawed. I went and tested it and sure enough, if you jump out of a savepoint you will indeed break the system in that you can save anywhere--until you walk back into the events surrounding the savepoint that disable saving.

I've come up with a way to fix this, thankfully. It wasn't very difficult but now I have to comb over the entire game thus far to adjust all the save points to this update, otherwise they won't work at all. ^^;

Other than that, I'm making some steady progress on the dungeon, but I'm still not quite close to completion.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Here's another quick update to show what I'm working on. Instead of explaining anything, I'll leave the context to your imagination.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 YIUw3tk

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 9DLQluS

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 RCXF4M6

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Zry9ml0

There's still a lot of empty space around and it bothers me but I'm starting to focus more on progressing further and working out the ideas that come to me. I've actually started on two more areas already.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 8:22 pm

I've pretty much come to the point where all my ideas have come connecting together. At this point I'm now facing the question of whether or not I should prepare to wrap this up or have the dungeon go on a bit longer. Until I come to a decision I'm probably going to go back and spruce up the area aesthetically.
Back to top Go down
sykog
Water Drop
Water Drop
sykog

Male
Number of posts : 182
Birthday : 1994-04-27
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Favorite Sonic Character : Chaos

Character sheet
Name: Stretch
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 2:48 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Small update, I realized I could just go right ahead and make this real quick.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 MXJTago

Gizmo's field ability is (mostly) complete, and fairly simple. Pressing the key will activate his Goggle Vision.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 YT4NFuL

While wearing his goggles, Gizmo can find invisible items, see in the dark, and possibly detect other things that may be helpful.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 AvQzY4g

Stuff like this can only be gotten while wearing the goggles, however you can still bump into them regardless.
Yo, that's a tight feature
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 58 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 58 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 66  Next