Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Still struggling to get back into the swing of things. I paid the Black Rose Orphanage a visit in hopes of getting some remodeling done.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 DzpEDii

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 AlgRMPT

It's not a big update at all. Particularly because the more I look at this place, the more I feel that It needs a total overhaul. I'm just not entirely sure how to go about it just yet...

However...:

Other miscellaneous things I've done includes touching up the tileset in Petalwood Pass (finishing things I left undone. No real map updates yet.) fixing a tileset bug in Splice's house and in the Tutorial, and adding an extra item somewhere in Greenflower City (Under attack only).
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 V4F8iYE

Started working on a new room for the Mines of Eleyrah, down there by the waterfall. The idea of having two paths (one on land and one through the water) just kinda came to me as I was going along. Really, that describes the making of this whole dungeon so far but hey.

Meanwhile, the GFC Remake project is looking pretty swell. I haven't showed much on that before so here's a few more screenshots.

GFC Remake:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 6:38 pm

wait...what's water in that picture and what's not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Um? Is it really that hard to tell?
Maybe the water and green ground look a little bit similar in color but not that similar.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Water_10

Left is ground, right is water.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Yeah, I really do have difficulty telling. With the odd green texture and the navy blue/cyan blue mix, it looks like a bunch of different colors together and I have trouble telling what's supposed to be what. It's not so much that they're similar that they feel random in a way. Mostly the cyan I think?

The orange thing (diving board?) didn't really help much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 pm

I still don't really have trouble telling the difference myself, but I can kinda see your point about the water. Oddly enough the cyan part is the only part of the water that animates. I think it was supposed to be meant for like still water and flowing water, but getting that to look right isn't easy.

The current look of the diving board is tentative though.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 am

Small update, I realized I could just go right ahead and make this real quick.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 MXJTago

Gizmo's field ability is (mostly) complete, and fairly simple. Pressing the key will activate his Goggle Vision.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 YT4NFuL

While wearing his goggles, Gizmo can find invisible items, see in the dark, and possibly detect other things that may be helpful.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 AvQzY4g

Stuff like this can only be gotten while wearing the goggles, however you can still bump into them regardless.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Small update: I fixed an issue where you could switch party members while using field abilities. Gizmo's was particularly bad as that was a legit bug that needed double patching (since the first fix only made it worse for some unknown reason.)

Anyway, I have been paying a bit more attention to Gizmo lately. As I was going over his sprites used in other projects, I remembered something that fit nicely here.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 He98fJV

I made some ladder climbing sprites some time ago. I've been meaning to make them for everyone but I did his first for the aforementioned side projects.

(on that note I'm going to have to make all the ladders wider for this.)

That aside, I've also been trying to spruce up his sprites a bit. Just a little polishing and updating, nothing too major. I'm kinda wanting to have an alternate character to play as while testing things, and he's the closest thing I've got.

Feels good to be spriting again.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:15 pm

It's been a while but I've got a pretty nifty update for Smash. High Tension is getting some balance tweaks.

Basically, all of Smash's skills greatly improve when he's in High Tension, however whenever he uses one, the amount of SP used fills up a variable pool. If it exceeds a specific number, then he'll automatically revert, no questions asked.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 8precq3Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Oq4A3Cw

As shown here, Skull Cracker uses up a lot of SP so he can only use it once during High Tension. Once he does, he goes right back to normal.

HOWEVER, if you somehow exceed an even higher number, by say using his ultimate move...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 ZU9uRXSSplice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 UFjHhXa

he'll revert with heavy repercussions. Overall, this basically prevents you from just spamming High Tension skills as much as possible. (It was possible to just have one party member dedicated to healing SP while he can just keep using stuff like Skull Cracker.)

For the longest time I've wanted a way to give his ultimate move, Divine Fist, recoil damage. Go figure that it's only when I decide to swap it out for a fresh, new final skill that I devise a working method for it.
With that said, some skill arrangements are also in order.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Yeah, remember what I said about deciding to swap out Divine Fist for a fresh new final skill? Well, I did. And it's mostly done, as far as the animation goes. I mainly just need to finish adding in all the effects and maybe adjust the damage/SP cost accordingly.
As for why I made this decision, I have a couple reasons. 1, canonically Smash didn't develop that move until sometime later, like months after the game takes place. So he shouldn't have been able to pull that off here. And 2, I wasn't really satisfied with how it looked in game. There isn't anything particularly wrong with the animation, it's just that the screen isn't big enough to fit him inside when he jumps up, unless the enemy is close to the bottom.

Anyway the new skill's looking somewhat like this.

Spoiler:

But that's enough getting sidetracked! Here's the main update. I've finally gotten back on track. Here's a few things I've done in the Underground Base.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 GR37Xz4

In this once empty room, there are now several currently unused Badniks sitting around. They're really just in sleep mode because the base's main power is off. They won't bother you.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 3J2kOXu

A good portion of the dungeon lies ahead. This is just below where I left off in the updates video. I'm going to be trying to focus on moving things forward.

And speaking of dungeons, now is a good time to introduce a new sidequest (that I literally just thought up a few days ago.)

Spoiler:

EDIT: Here's another quick update of the very next room I begun. (sort of a proof of concept/evidence that I am actually getting progress made)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 2ck8b5C

Eggman hasn't done a lot of work down here, so the place is kind of rocky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 57 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 57 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61 ... 66  Next