Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

[7/16/2015 7:00:05 PM] Smash The Echidna: I was thinking of making an enemy for spth
[7/16/2015 7:00:11 PM] Smash The Echidna: which was a caterkiller with butterfly wings
[7/16/2015 7:00:15 PM] Smash The Echidna: i'm thinking
[7/16/2015 7:00:17 PM] Smash The Echidna: butterdie
[7/16/2015 7:00:21 PM] Smash The Echidna: as a name

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 MKKFXL9

and thus, this thing was born
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
sykog
Water Drop
Water Drop
sykog

Male
Number of posts : 182
Birthday : 1994-04-27
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Favorite Sonic Character : Chaos

Character sheet
Name: Stretch
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 2:23 am

And here's my random appearance to check the progress on this game... be back in a few months or something like that
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:26 am

Thanks for reminding us that you still exist.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Part 2 of the new battle themes. This song plays in areas away from the mainland, such as on Angel Island, or other off-shore areas you may visit. While it may not sound like you'll hear it very often, it's worth noting that "Like a Glint of Light!" plays for just about 90% of the final chapter.

Summer's ending and I still haven't gotten a whole lot done. I've added a bunch of new enemies and some new backdrops (& Knuckles) to show off in this music video. I hope to try to pick up the pace with this game soon since I'm starting to gather my bearings after everything that went down over the summer. I'll still be very busy though, so don't expect too much!
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 pm

A long time ago, Frost was once an optional character you could unlock through a side quest, which began by meeting him in the western outskirts of Greenflower City during the invasion.

Frost has long since been removed, but the battle you fought to help him fend off badniks stayed intact. Fighting this battle would simply give you some nice items before. But now...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 BBLm14O

Yes, in the middle of the battle, Gizmo comes outta nowhere and joins up, not unlike what Splice had been doing for everyone else. Unfortunately, he isn't here to stay, but this battle is important for another sidequest in the making.

It took me way too long to do this. Under normal circumstances I could have finished this entire thing within two days. (One if I started early with high levels of motivation.) I've been extremely distracted since last weekend, which was roughly around the time I started it. (think it was last Friday, even.) Anyway, I'm trying to really get myself back to work. I'm currently doing another run through the story to pick off any bugs I left behind, spruce some things up and generally get me pumped to continue. I've gotten a lot of inspiration but I just need to put it into action.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 1:23 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 WCX77hv

I've always wanted to do something like this.

New skill for Splice! I'm adjusting the balance of skills he has in his two fighting styles. Some are replaced with new skills with similar effects when he wields dual daggers. This right here is essentially Ice Breaker with a new animation. The only difference is a slightly higher attack power with a lower success rate.

Anyway, I'm more than likely going to continue experimenting with the animation till I'm fully satisfied. Mainly, I wanna try to shrink the ice block down some more. I swear it looks smaller while editing than it really is.
Back to top Go down
Timesmashaperil
Timesmashaperil

Female
Number of posts : 83
Birthday : 1001-04-30
Registration date : 2015-05-07
Favorite Sonic Character : Eggman from Sonic Boom (The TV Show). He's just too funny!

Character sheet
Name: Clock-Watch The Mobian
Level: 17
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Left_bar_bleue2600/2600Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (2600/2600)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Wow.
This game looks really amazing. The fact that you did all this is really quite a feat. And this is a fangame! It looks like a real game! In fact, if it was paid, I would buy it (If I had any money, that is).

All I've got for my game is a tiny script, a spriter with little to no time, and proportionally incorrect sprites.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Once again, thanks. It's always nice to hear positive feedback.

I'm planning more character tweaks alongside Splice. Remember a while back I talked about Violet learning skills from enemies? Well, I'm gonna change that up a bit. From now on, she can only learn skills that she can cast.
And by that I mean, they all have the regular skill use animation: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 GqKABRY (I'm actually remaking hers, so this here's a bit of a preview.)

Why am I making this change? Why, it's to make room for an older idea which I plan to bring to light. If this works, then Violet will be able to learn skills from fighting alongside other party members. These range between being allies' exact moves (i.e Endless Bash from Speedy) certain variations of their moves (i.e learning Protect from Crystal would have a different animation since she doesn't have her Crystal.) or entirely new moves based off their style. (I.e Precision Strike from Tab, aiming for a weak point for a chance of a critical hit.)

There's a lot to work with here, but this is what I have planned for Violet. This will definitely open her character up far more than I'd imagined.

EDIT: Confirmed that it works. Basically there are a few conditions that must be met before Violet can learn skills from other characters.
1: Violet must be in the same party as the other character X amount of times. (Varies depending on the character.)
2: The other character must be a certain level. (i.e if she were to learn Endless Bash from Speedy, then Speedy would have to be at least level 15, which is when he learns said skill.)
3: Violet must also be at a certain level; roughly around the same level as the other character.
4: When the above conditions are met, she will learn the skill on her first turn of the next battle.

I wish I had a flashier way to go about it, i.e using the skill the moment she learns it, but that would require a lot more work, possibly including an/multiple extra class(es for each one). I don't know how practical that'd be, so I'll just simply hold off on that. At least until I get everything else about her under control.

I also mentioned this before, but Gizmo's skills are going to be revised as well. For instance, I'm planning on getting rid of the Summon Kitty skills entirely. He's going to be more weapon and item oriented. Because of that, I want to experiment with changing weapons/equipment during battle. No promises there, but it will definitely be interesting if it does work.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 8:20 pm

I have a lot of planned things on my plate, but instead I've been experimenting with other stuff. This came to me on a whim today; I just developed a method for lighting effects on objects.

Soft glow around the torches:

I'm not even sure why I didn't think of this before; it's very simple and uses a similar method to the spotlight one I use for dark areas. However, this makes use of events, and having too many events in a single map can slow the game down a great deal. (learned that the hard way from the original attack on GFC.) It shouldn't really be a problem though, considering I was nearly at 1000 events in the main GFC area alone, but it's something to be wary of.
Anyway, I can use said method to make the light bigger, but that'd require more events, so it'd probably be best to stick to how it is now. A single torch already uses 3 of them as it is.

Moving on, I also started using some ripped tiles from Sonic CD to create a new area.

Spoiler:

There's not too much to show outside of the beta maps, (although the third pic is beta itself) but I do like how this place has turned out. This area will appear late in the story, like towards the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 pm

I really like that area, it looks super sleek.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 50 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 50 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 66  Next