Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

I got a batch of new songs for you all!

In HD!

Credit goes to Daz for these remixes. I'll upload some more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Gave a much needed update to the first post. I was disgusted when I realized how outdated it was.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 The_three_echidnas_by_frost1992-d3hnk8k

It's about time. Smash has finally gotten his new look implemented into his sprites. And now I'm FINALLY working on him. This time I aim to finish his sprites completely. And I mean COMPLETELY.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:51 am

Looking back through this thread, I don't remember this update at all.

Smash The Echidna wrote:
The only main update I have on this game is that I've added a Day/Night system. It still needs a bit of work, but it'll be worth it. Some places change depending on the time of day. Some places change their musics, while others open and/or close. Unlike last time, I've shortened the timers for each time of the day.

Dawn/Sunrise: 2 minutes. You can hear the Sun's Song from ZOOT while the sun is rising.
Day time: 5 minutes
Evening/Sunset/Dusk: 3 Minutes
Night: 4 Minutes. You can also hear a wolf howling in the background, Legend of Zelda style.

Back when my database was volatile, I must have done this before it blew up again and forgot to re-update it. Funny, because I was just thinking about adjusting the timers for the day/night system...
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 am

Well, my motivation to work on this game has finally returned.

Talk about crappy timing. I probably won't have much time to do much with this game for a while. -.-;
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:17 am

After that infamous incident on Youtube, I've taken an extremely long break from this game. I've realized just how much else there is that I've wanted to do other than working on this game. But now I really miss working on it. I want to get back to making this game. I still have these lingering doubts in the back of my mind; I still somewhat feel like I can't make this game to be worth it. And that's been keeping me from doing anything with it, really. It makes me feel like no matter what I do, it's just going to be a waste of time and effort.

I have to stop thinking like that. I KNOW that's not true. That's why I'm going to try to bring this game back into production. It's been too long.

Technically, I HAVE been sort of working on this game (almost) all this time. By spriting. I've been working on many different sprites, most of which will be used in the game. I'm thinking that I should make it my top priority to complete every character in the roster. That way, I could easily (I hope) arrange the database in a way that would be easier to deal with. Of course, rearranging the database is a big chore of itself, as you need to change events linked to the things that are being changed, and make sure you don't miss any. The database is rather messy because I decided to work on several characters at once while progressing with the story. This isn't really the best of ideas, whether you like being organized or not. It'll start out organized, but sooner or later things will get out of hand.

That's why I need to do one thing at a time. Constantly I've had to search through an entire section of the database for a single thing. (these ranging from battle animations, monsters and monster groups.) It gets tiring, especially if you really can't find it.
So I'm going to work on the characters. I will not only finish the ones that aren't complete, but fix up and refresh the ones that are. Some characters will undergo a few changes in their skills. For example, Splice may be given a few more melee attacks. A few of Smash's skills will be replaced: Quick Blow has been changed to (a MUCH more useful skill) Bone Crusher, which is both stronger and lowers an enemies defense. Meteor Smash will be replaced with Divine Fist. (It always bothered me how he could summon a meteor from space...)
And Speedy? His whole skill list might change.
And while I'm doing the characters, I also need to make all the weapons and items for them to equip. This means that I'll be working on making all of the Elemental Rings compatible with everyone.
Alongside this, They all still need their field sprites finished. More than half of them don't even have simple walking sprites. And most of the ones that do need to be fixed. Even Splice needs some work, here.

I've also wanted to give most, if not all the characters voices. It'll probably be just for battle, only, but still. I've already decided on many of them, including Speedy and the two Guest characters; Cymbeline and Daz. However, I'm in no hurry to decide on a voice for Kapus' characters. (Tab, Hyper, Shade, Lily, and possibly Lucy if she makes it into the game.) I have an idea for Tab, but the others are his choice. Though I don't think Shade counts since he's a chao, and he'll most likely sound like one...
While I'm on the subject of Kapus' characters, I should get him to finish working on them all. I THINK Tab is done, but I don't remember. She still needs her equipment and stuff made, though. However, progress will most likely be slow since one of our computers is down. It'll be kinda rough working until it's fixed.

Another thing to note, I'm expecting another batch of songs to come in for the games, soon. One person was going to make a batch of original pieces exclusive to this game, though he was caught up in college work so we won't be hearing much from him anytime soon. But not without keeping part of his word by giving me one song: "A Road Through The Earth", the official harmless cave theme. This, along with a bunch of other songs I've gathered up, are being remixed by my friend Daz right now. His remixes are one of the main things that motivate me to continue working.

And now, I'll conclude this post. Wish me luck, everyone. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm

You know, I just realized. It's possible that I could totally remake Smash's "Gather Power" move, and make it so that he actually goes into High Tension. It's possible to change a character's "Class" in the middle of battle. I've been using Classes to make alternate costumes and other things (like Kyle with and without the Gemblade) for the characters. I could make it so that Smash changes to a different class, which is specially made for his high tension state. Which means that it will be guaranteed that he is stronger, faster, etc, and has all of his sprites changed to show it. I could also make it so that he can't use his ultimate move, Divine Fist, unless he's in High Tension.

The only problems are how he turns back to normal. It's possible that he could finish a battle while still in High Tension, and it would conflict with the events that are meant for battle. I believe I know how to get around that, though. There's also the problem with the original Gather Power skill, which gives him the "Charged" condition that I planned to keep. It's the fact that it drains his SP, and he can only use his ultimate skill (which requires his SP to be at full.) in High Tension. So..I'm gonna have to remove that. But what can I do to make up for it? I don't want to make Smash totally overpowered again. XD

Well, considering the fact that (in this point of time in the series) his high tension state kind of puts a strain on his heart, because he burned up too much energy at once. He didn't know how to fully conserve it, and ended up over exerting himself. So, to reflect upon that, Instead of having his energy drain, I'd have his life drain. That way he can use his most powerful skills without seeming unfairly strong.

Whelp, I've just gone and stated and solved the problems in one post. Heh.
As for other news, I've completed two of Splice's skills. Two new skills that can only be used if he has a dagger equipped. One is called "Rapid Knife", which is basically Darkyle's "Speed Strike", if anyone watched the video I recorded of his battle. There were a couple variations of it given to a few other enemies, and then I decided "Hey, why not give it to Splice, and make it seem a little more universal?" It worked out just fine.
The next one is..well, I haven't thought of a different name for it, and I might just leave it the same. Basically, I recreated "Dragon Swarm" from Tales of Vesperia. Yuri's version, at that. Spent a few days on it, just curious as to how far my sprite editing skills could go. It'd be such a waste to leave it out now.

He's only got two more skills left. His two ultimate moves: Infernal Blast and Glacier Storm. I'm not entirely sure how I'm gonna go about making them, so they might be the very final things I do for him.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:34 pm

So I happened to take a glance at Violet's house and notice some things were off. What started out as a simple touch up, snowballed into finishing up the parts of the house that you can explore and adding more things to it, and ended with a new scene added into there. I had forgotten about a scene I wanted to add after the attack on Green Flower City. Though it could use a bit of touching up with some of the sprites, (which I can do while working on the characters themselves) it's finished right about now. Here's a screenshot.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Speedy10

To put it short, Speedy got injured while fighting, and now he's lying unconscious on Violet's couch. Violet is of course, very worried about him.
Yes, this is my excuse for keeping these two out of your party in the beginning. Don't worry, Speedy gets better. (obviously.)
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Spth___game_over_screen_by_frost1992-d4m6io8

The official Game Over screen...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 14 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 66  Next