Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male
Number of posts : 3945
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Sonic &Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 102
HP (Health Points):
8790/8790  (8790/8790)

PostSubject: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Splice The Hedgehog is the name of the fangame starring the fancharacter: "Splice The Hedgehog". The Game is currently in production. Kapus and I both are working on this game, though Kapus doesn't usually have the time to help out. Many other people have contributed to the project, which made this game possible. The game's engine is the RPGMaker 2003, and runs very similar to Final Fantasy 6. The game also features a synthesis system, a character interactive party switcher, Jumping and Ring collecting, many familiar zones, skit scenes identical to that of the Tales Of series, And even Special stages to collect the 7 Chaos Emeralds as a side quest.

Quick Jump to "To Do List"
Quick Jump to "To Do List" - Part 2

Story introduction:

Splice is an orphan who lived in Green Flower City, all by himself. It starts out with him getting an ominous phone call, which drives him to investigate the meaning behind it. It eventually leads him to go on a search to find out who his parents were. When he first starts his investigation, he runs into an old friend, and also finds out that Dr. Eggman is plotting to conquer the world again. So his journey splits in two, He has to find his parents, and team up with Sonic and defeat Dr. Eggman.

On his search, he finds out that a company that creates Elemental Rings, Rings that give people special powers of different elements, is strongly related to the disappearance of his father.

The rest of this post has been concealed inside this spoiler to save room. The whole first post actually needs redoing, but I don't feel like doing that at the moment, so only minor updates have been added to this.

Spoiler:

"Most of us are completely different species, but that doesn't matter. We're all family here." - Smash The Echidna

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
8790/8790  (8790/8790)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 pm

EDIT: Okay cut the crap. I'm using this post for something much more useful.
What could that be? Why, a "To Do List" of course! My first objective as of now: Finish Every Playable Character! Okay, Here's the list.

Splice
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Speedy
Smash
Violet
Crystal
Pearl
Gizmo
Kitty
Tab
Kyle
Shade
Lily
Cymbeline
Daz

Thunder (Guest)
??? (Secret Character)
??? (Secret Character)

And that's all of them. Here's what I need to do with each one.

• Splice: Skills need slight updating. Need to add a couple more melee skills. Sprites need refurbishing.
    Skills that need work
    Endless Bash: Needs to replace the spindash at the end.
    Dynamite Dagger: A new dagger skill.
    Frostbite: Thinking of how to go about this.
    Ice Bomb: Needs to be totally remade.
    Infernal Blast: Unsure if I will even keep it.
    Glacier Storm: Unsure if I will even keep it.
    Arctic Inferno: Need to figure out how to go about it.

• Sonic: He's not even close to being finished. Needs just about everything done. Also, needs a health buff.
  • Tails: Has not yet been started on. Needs everything done.
  • Knuckles: Same as above.
  • Speedy: Needs skills fixed and finished.
    Skills that need work/will be added
    Speedy Flare: Will be completely remade. It will replace both the old one and "Fireball", as it is essentially an upgraded version of the latter. He throws several fireballs at the enemy, before leaping forward and physically striking them with a flaming punch/kick (depends on what I can do.)
    Beat Down: Reckless physical attacks. Has a big chance of missing, but deals critical damage if hits. Unstarted.
    Burning Spirit: A new skill in which he powers himself up. Simply need the animation done.
    Flame Scar: A skill only usable with his ultimate weapon, the Flame Tetsusaiga.
    Blazing Fury: Needs to be remade. Not entirely sure how well I can remake it, but I need to try.
  • Smash: Needs Voice.
    Violet: Sprites need refurbishing. I need to think of all the skills she should have.
    Spin Kick: May or may not look like Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku.
    Beast: With a Blitz Ring equipped. Deals major damage and weakens an enemy.
    Her ultimate move may or may not be identical to the famous Shun Goku Satsu move, which would obviously instantly KO any enemy (but bosses.)
    nah
    Violet is to be able to learn skills from fighting alongside allies. She gets one skill from every character.

• Splice: Axe Kick (High damage and paralyzes enemy.)
    • Sonic: Super Peel-Out (Speed type attack where she rams an enemy. Lowers INT.)
    • Tails: Rhythm Dance (allows her to use more regular attacks at once.)
    • Knuckles: Deep Impact (Lowers defense and causes Weak status, but low accuracy.)
    • Speedy: Endless Bash
    • Smash: Twin Rising Knuckle / Accumulate
    • Crystal: Protect
    • Pearl: Swallow Dance
    • Gizmo: Dismantle (An attack that works well against robots)
    • Kitty:
    • Shade: Throw Stone (A weak earth type attack. Causes dizziness.)
    • Tab: Precision Strike (Chance of critical hit)
    • Kyle: Ultimate Elements (Requires Omni-Ring Lv. 3. High damage to all enemies and lowers elemental resistance.)
    • Lily: Lucky Slots (Brings down a slot machine that has random effects on the battle.)

• 3 Bar: Heals a little bit of health and SP to the party.
      • 3 Ring: Doubles the amount of Rings you have.
      • 3 Violet: Fully Heals the entire party, including revivals.
      • 3 Eggman: Hurts the party and cuts your money in half.
      • 3 Avarice: Brings the party down to 1 HP and 0 SP.
      • 3 Berserker: Absolutely murders everyone.
      • 3 7's: Heals 777 HP, Deals 777 Damage to Enemies, and gives you 700,000 Rings
      • Mismatched: Nothing.

• Daz:
    • Cymbeline: Aerial Assault (A dive kick that works well against ground enemies)
    • Thunder:

She's also to be able to learn abilities from enemies, but that opens up an even wider variety of skills. I don't think she can handle all this. That's why I planned to give her two fighting styles that she can change between at will: Attacker and Defender. Attacker has all her offensive skills, and her stat growth is focused around attack, HP and Speed. Defender has her support skills and her stat growth focuses more on SP, Special Attack and Defense. Even then, I don't think she'll be able to handle all this.
    Thinking up skills for each character isn't gonna be a problem for me tho
    [2:25:33 PM] Smash The Echidna: I'm thinking I'll probably just
    [2:25:59 PM] Smash The Echidna: save the skill learning from enemies for Elemental Ring stuff
    [2:26:08 PM] Smash The Echidna: and the things that actually take up slots
    [2:26:13 PM] Smash The Echidna: for the party members
    [2:26:27 PM] Smash The Echidna: what's left over can be her own stuff
    [2:26:42 PM] Smash The Echidna: because if I had both things take up slots,
    [2:26:46 PM] Smash The Echidna: she wouldn't have anything of her own

• Crystal: Sprites really need refurbishing. (Her hair doesn't flow properly.)
    Revive: Is still not completed yet.
    Sacrifice: Cymbeline has this skill, but it was originally supposed to be Crystal's. (I had forgotten at the time.)
    Crystalized Barrier: Hasn't been started on.

Krysi will have most of the skills that young Kitty will.
  • Pearl: Barely been started on. She has a battle stance, however. But that needs refurbishing, if I haven't already updated it.
  • Gizmo: Sprites need refurbishing. I've already started on it, and I've already fixed up a lot of sprites for another project. He also needs work on his two alternate outfits...
  • Kitty: Needs work all around. Child sprites need refurbishing. All 3 adult forms have only just been started.
  • Tab: I THINK some sprites need refurbishing. I need to confirm this with Kapus.
  • Kyle: Needs a checkup. I think everything is in order. That is, for his skillset with the Gemblade. He loses it around the time you first get him, so I need to work with his character without the Gemblade. That will almost be like making a whole new character.
  • Shade: Need to get Kapus to work on him.
  • Lily: ^
  • Cymbeline: She's not even close to being finished. She needs a lot of work, and I need to think of more skills for her. I may consult AngelWings for ideas.
    Holy Whirlwind: I'm torn between calling it this or something else. Anyway, Cymbeline flaps her wings to create a large tornado of light, filled with angel feathers that slice through all the enemies.
    Star Raid: This might actually work better as a weapon for her. She throws her Evenstar, which has transformed into a boomerang or sword, which slashes the enemy and warps back into her hands for her to repeat. If I do it as a weapon, each blow will do it's own amount of damage. I could even have her attack multiple enemies with it. I believe I could make this consume SP as well. If I do it as a skill, then it could change depending on what weapon she has equipped. Then again, I could do the same thing as a weapon. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Speaking of weapons, here's how they're going to work. Cymbeline can't equip regular weapons. Instead, her Evenstar evolves as she levels up. She learns skills that will transform her weapon--and this can be done on the field and in battle. Each Evenstar weapon has the same attack power, but certain skills require different weapons. (and of course, some weapons work better than others in general) The weapons she gets by leveling up are:

Evenstar Sword (Default) (Upgrade: Heaven's Fury)
    Evenstar Bow (Level 25) (Upgrade: Shooting Star)
    Evenstar Spear (Level 30) (Upgrade: Holy Lance)

There are also some secret ones she can obtain.

Evenstar Hammer (Equip the Spirit Mallet and she'll learn it.) (Upgrade: Judgement)
    Evenstar Rings (Equip the Blitz Ring and she'll learn it.) (Upgrade: Angelic Halos)

The upgrades are all synthesized using Elementium Ore, Star Shards and Shining Rings.
  • Daz: He's decently playable, and I think he just needs a few status ailment animations and the rest of his skills to be completed.
    Axe Crush: A more powerful version of the Axe Kick. Instead of doing a single flip to deliver the blow, he spindashes in mid-air before doing it, dealing a lot more damage. May cause instantaneous deaths.
    Spin Dash:
    Spark Wave: With a little electricity, he slaps his hands together to create a Supersonic wave.
    Nosedive Crash: Like the Axe Crush, he spins in mid-air. Except this time he throws himself towards the enemy and bashes his head against them. May lose some of his own HP from this.
    Lightning Tornado: Spins around, creating a tornado which bursts with electricity.
    Screw Kick: Yes, THAT Screw Kick.
    Thunder Strike: Gathers electricity in his fist and punches the enemy. Causes paralysis.
    Daz Special: Completely different than before. By using vibrations in his body, he creates a sort of electrical clone of himself to double team the enemy.
    The old Daz Special will just be renamed.
    Endless Bash: He learns this after fighting Splice the first time, so it's exactly like his version.
    Dazzling Lights: His ultimate move. How it goes, I can't say just yet...
    Thunder Storm: Another ultimate move. He learns this from Thunder.
  • Thunder: He only has a battle stance, so far. And that will most likely be changed when I get to work on him. He needs much more.
    ???'s: It'll be a while before I get to work on either of them. They will be the last characters I work on.

And ALL of them need their Field Sprites finished. That includes Walking, Jumping, Swimming (and drowning), Battle Stance, Climbing, Idle, and other misc things as the game demands. But those are the main things. Splice is the only one with all of the above. Unfortunately, they aren't all completed. And some of them need work, anyway.

"Most of us are completely different species, but that doesn't matter. We're all family here." - Smash The Echidna

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
8790/8790  (8790/8790)

PostSubject: To-do List part 2   Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Erasing this post to use it for another To Do List. This time, I'm going into detail about what the characters need.

Splice The Hedgehog

1. All of Splice's battle animations need some work.

• ---Standard Animations---
    • Battle Stance: Complete.
    • Right Hand: May be changed.
    • Left Hand: Needs to be checked. (I THINK it's finished..)
    • Skill Use: Needs work
    • Skill Use 2: (actually not standard.) Needs work
    • Dead: Currently Working on it.
    • Damage: Needs work
    • Bad Status: (used for Paralyze.) Needs work
    • Defending: Needs to be checked.
    • Walking: May be changed
    • Victory: Needs work
    • Item: Needs work
    • ---Skills---
    • Spindash: May be replaced with something else.
    • Endless Bash: Needs work
    • Ice Breaker: Needs to be checked
    • Flame Dive: Needs work
    • Tri Spindash: (Used for Fire, Ice, and Needle Spindash.) Needs work.
    • Axe Kick: Needs to be checked.
    • Rapid Knife: Complete.
    • Dragon Swarm: Complete.
    • Infernal Blast/Glacier Storm: The two skills need to be either remade or merged.
    • ---Custom Status Effects---
    • Silence: Needs work
    • Blind: May be changed.
    • Poison: May be changed
    • Sleep: Needs work
    • Berserk: Complete.
    • Confused: Needs to be checked.
    • Petrified: Complete.
    • Critical: May be changed.

__.2. Field sprites also need some work.

• Walking: May get a revamp in some directions. (most definitely for walking up.)
  • Running: May be added, depends on if it can work with the sprite limitations.
  • Idle: Hasn't been made.
  • Jumping: Needs to be checked.
  • Climbing: Needs to be checked
  • Swimming: Needs to be checked.
  • Sinking: Needs to be checked.
  • Drowning: Not completed.
  • Air Bubble: Needs to be checked.
  • Battle stance: Needs to be checked.
  • Mini-version for World Map: Needs work.
  • Extras: Will come in time.

__.3. Elemental Rings, too.

__.4. Favorite foods, when I revive that feature.

• He likes spicy food. so Chilidogs, Hot Links, Curry, and Tacos will all have an A-ranked healing effect on him. Pizza, Hot Dogs, and seafood all have a B-ranked healing effect on him. He also likes cold treats, so Ice Cream, Sherbert, and Milkshakes all have an A-Ranked healing effect on him. Some fruit juices have a B-ranked healing effect.
  • He dislikes sodas and fizzy drinks. Creature Drinks, Pep Brew, and any other type of drinks like that will all have a D-ranked healing effect on him.

Elemental Ring Skills

Spoiler:

Smash The Echidna's Elemental Ring Skills

Spoiler:

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I'm gonna hijack Army's old post real quick   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:11 am

The charcters look cool so far.

Post hijacking go!

Here I'm going to talk about the field abilities. Every character, as the party leader, has two abilities out on the field: An active field ability, and a passive field ability. Some characters have a third Event Ability.

Active field abilities are activated using the [9] key. (for lack of any other available keys to use in the RPGMaker 2k3) They perform an action that varies depending on the character. Passive field abilities are character traits that work automatically. They can have more than one passive ability, but normally only have one active. Event Abilities are those triggered by certain events on the field, such as the Super Jump panels.

Splice

• Active Ability: Fire/Ice Ball - Press the 9 key to throw a projectile. Holding down the key will switch between Fire and Ice elements. Used for triggering objects, like lighting/snuffing out torches, etc. Can stun enemies on the field.
  • Passive Ability: Can pass over fiery terrain without taking damage, and icy floors without slipping and sliding.
  • Event Ability: Super Jump - Uses super jump panels to reach high areas. (Requires the Super Boots.)

Speedy

• Active Ability: Fire Barrage - Press the key to launch a wave of fireballs forward. These fireballs are explosive and are used to blow stuff up, like weakened walls or doors.
  • Passive Ability: Can pass over fiery terrain without taking damage. Swim timer is shorter.

Smash

• Active Ability: First Strike - Press the key to punch forward. If you hit an enemy with this, you will start the battle with the initiative while dealing damage to the first enemy in the opposing group.
  • Passive Ability: Can push larger/heavier blocks that others struggle with.

Violet

• Active Ability:
  • Passive Ability: Can swim twice as long without tiring. Can last longer underwater without drowning.
  • Event Ability: Can play musical instruments?

Crystal

• Active Ability: Barrier - Puts up a shield that protects against enemies and traps. The shield stays up as long as the key is pressed, but she is locked in place until she puts it down. Enemies will be pushed back and stunned for a long while, so that she can safely get away.
  • Passive Ability: Can translate Chao language. Better vision in dark rooms. Regenerates HP and SP gradually when standing still.

Pearl

• Active Ability: First Strike - Press the key to punch forward. If you hit an enemy with this, you will start the battle with the initiative while dealing damage all enemies.
  • Passive Ability:

Gizmo

• Active Ability: Scan - Uses goggles to scan the area. Will detect treasures in the area, but may also trigger events when used in specific spots.
  • Passive Ability: Can operate machinery. Can translate Chao language.

Kitty

• Active Ability:
  • Passive Ability: Can translate Chao language. Can fit into small gaps and holes in walls.

Tab

• Active Ability: Slingshot - Fires a rock forward. Does nothing to enemies, but can be used to trigger switches from far away.
  • Passive Ability:

Kyle

• Active Ability: Slash - Draws sword to slash directly forward. Will cut objects, and if used on an enemy, will start a battle with the initiative.
  • Passive Ability: Can push larger/heavier blocks that others struggle with.

Shade

• Active Ability:
  • Passive Ability: Lock Picking - If there's a locked door, he can get in. Can translate Chao language.

Lily

• Active Ability: ???
  • Passive Ability: ???

Cymbeline

• Active Ability: Flight - Takes flight for a set period of time. Can fly over gaps and up ledges, but if you don't land in time, you'll be sent back to where you took off.
  • Passive Ability: Regen - Periodically restores a little bit of HP for everyone on the field.

Daz

• Active Ability: Shock Ball - Throws an electric projectile forward. Can power machines or stun enemies.
  • Passive Ability: Takes less damage from passing over fiery terrains. Is unaffected by voltage traps.

Thunder

• Active Ability: Wind Blast - Sends a gust of wind to blow certain objects. Pushes enemies back, but does not stun.
  • Passive Ability: Is unaffected by voltage traps. Can decipher foreign languages. Can translate Chao language. Can power or drain machinery.
  • Event Ability: Grappling Hook - When in a grapple spot, Swing your grappling hook up to a high ledge to scale cliffs.

Puzzle Mechanic Solutions

Lighting Torches - Splice (Speedy blows them up)

Lighting Large Torches - Splice, Speedy

Putting out fires - Splice, Thunder

Pushing Large Blocks - Smash, Kyle

Powering Machines - Daz, Thunder

Operating Machines - Gizmo, Kitty

Timed Trap Evasion - Crystal

Flying over Gaps - Cymbeline

Freezing Water or other objects - Splice

Melting Ice - Splice, Speedy

Breaking Walls - Speedy
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~

Female
Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 am

Hey, you stole my over and out line!

Imean

Keep of the good work. Don't forget to edit the first post.

Youtube|Deviantart|Ask Up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Tell me when you finish it.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
8790/8790  (8790/8790)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Finish the Game? That will be a looooooooong time from now. But I'm working on it! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 am

Aw...
I was looking forward to playing this game soon.
Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
8790/8790  (8790/8790)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:01 am

Sorry, buddy. But after that database corruption, I was set back a long way. And now my new database is kinda unorganized. Which is not good. I'm going to reorganize it soon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Work fast then.
Jk take your time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 59Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 59  Next