Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 40 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Okay so, It's been scientifically proven that I cannot work on a single character from start to finish without doing anything else. I worked on Splice for a while, then got side-tracked and began working on Gizmo's whole spritesheet. Then I found a voice for Violet and started working on her. Then all of a sudden I'm working on the final freaking dungeon of the game.

Oh well. At least I have motivation to work on SOMETHING. Something is better than Nothing, after all. But still, I need to finish Splice first. I still don't really know how I'm gonna go about making his two ultimate moves.
Maybe...Maybe I should just merge the two. Instead of having two ultimate skills for Fire and Ice separately, I should have a single one for both. That might save me a lot of trouble...

In anycase, I'm getting some work done here and there. Gradually coming closer to finishing every character, one inch at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Well I've gone and began to tweak some things with the main parts of the game. Once again, side-tracked. .__.;

I've gone and edited some dialog, nerfed the fire breath minibosses, fixed Crabmeat's gun, fixed up some character stats, and finally opened Harry Chao's Rares. I'm gonna do some test-plays in a little bit.

I also really need to make Hedgehog Park...
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 pm

You should really remove the random Sonic Adventure voice clips in the cutscenes.

And make those scripted encounters only occur once.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah, I'm working on that. I'd already planned to remove them.

I had some kind of script that kept the encounters from coming for at least one step. I just need to extend it.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:26 am

Well I've done quite a bit of work today, and I think things are looking a bit better. I had to nerf Splice's speed, along with a few badniks, so that Tab and Crystal could be more useful. He's still the quickest one in the party, but now Tab and Crystal--Crystal Especially, can keep up with him without too much trouble. I also had to tweak Crystals stats a little bit more so that she wouldn't be so useless early on. Of course she's still frail, but she gets better quickly.

As for dialog, I've been explaining things a little more so that it's easier to understand what's going on. Still not quite done with it yet, but it's better.

Aside from various bug-fixes, that's about all.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 pm

I unintentionally took a break for a little while, and then I got right back to work. First, I went and made Dragon Swarm for Smash, which probably won't be used since there's no room for it, but it was yet again another result of curiosity. It came out pretty well.

Then, aside from some spriting elsewhere, I went and fixed up a major problem in Green Flower Zone.
Spoiler:

Now, I'm not sure what to do with the empty space just yet. Here's how it looks in the map, just to show exactly how much empty space is there.

Spoiler:

Note: The [E]'s are events and objects. Splice is about the size of two [E]'s stacked up, but technically counts as only one. You can see how much space is there.

I might have to shrink the whole map down. I'm not exactly sure how that'll turn out, and I may will definitely have to save a backup before I do. I'm hoping that it'll fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Well I've FINALLY brought back the Favorite Foods system. It's not entirely finished yet, but I'm slowly implementing it into the game. I had to make a whole new batch of food items, so I'll have to remove the older ones once I'm finished. This allows me to have a much bigger variety on items.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Should be fine as long as you have a decent and recognizable variety of food categories. (meats, bread, fruit, fish, etc.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, it works just fine. I might give some of the items their own unique effect animation when used.

Edit: Though, I forgot to say, Some items actually have a negative effect on the characters. I.e Sodas make Kyle's go down, rather than up. It's somewhat interesting, and I might keep it if it doesn't really cause any problems. It won't actually kill the characters to eat something they don't like. (despite what they might think. XD) The worst it'd do is lower their HP down to 1. Depending on the type of food, it may actually lower some of their stats as well.

But yeah, so far it's working great. I love how Smash recovers like 1,300 HP from Pizza, which would normally just heal about 250-500 HP. I'm still thinking if there's any other types of food that I should put in there. But for now, I'm pretty much done with it all.

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I've added something else onto the favorite foods system.

Now, the characters will not only be healed more or less depending on what kind of food they like, but very specific foods are actual favorites among them. When a character eats their favorite food, the effects are MUCH greater.

For example, Speedy loves Hot Links. Hot Links are a common, low healing food item. The most it heals is usually up to 360 HP. But if Speedy eats one, he recovers at least 2,000 HP.

So it'd be a good idea to hang onto certain types of food for your party members. What might seem "Eh." to one guy, might make another jump at the sight of it. Razz

Of course, there's the deal with finding their favorite foods...
Well, I've already told you Speedy's. And if you need to ask about Smash's, you obviously don't know him well enough. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 15 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 40 ... 66  Next