Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Well, progress has been slow, but I managed to finish a new skill for Speedy: Volatile Fist. I've also started work on another new skill, called "Burning Spirit". It's a self power up that makes him stronger and faster.

Still got a bit of a long way to go before he's finished, but I'm getting there.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:20 am

Actually, I think Speedy's pretty dang close to being done. I just have 3 (4, if I end up bringing Explosion back) more skills left to make/finish/fix, and that should be about it. Of course, if Roy wants any more skills for Speedy, he's got some free skill slots open.

After this, I'm gonna move on to Splice. I've been neglecting him far more than I should, really. Most of his skills need reworking, and like Smash, he needs his sprites updated to his recent design.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:26 am

I'd like to play through this game soon and offer some feedback on the progress it has made so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:32 pm

That'd be helpful. I'd started to go and revise the story a bit, but I didn't really finish due to having to focus on the characters.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:11 pm

And now for a musical intermission.

This is a medley of all the newer versions of Violet's theme, courtesy of Daz as usual. I really like how this came out.

Credit for artwork goes to their respective artists. Thanks again for drawing Violet! =D (And Speedy.)

(You might wanna turn your volume up a bit. The song gets louder as it goes on, but it's still a little quiet in comparison to the others.)
This is one of my personal favorites out of Daz' remixes. Unfortunately since this song doesn't play until you're pretty much halfway through the game, I don't have any real fitting shots to put up. So this is basically a rushed semi-preview of what the scene MIGHT look like.
Yeah.

Ah, a boss remix. This one I had to mix with the original; it unfortunately couldn't hold up on it's own. Regardless, it came out swell, I think.
This boss theme generally plays when you're facing the gang from the Black Rose Orphanage, namely some of the higher ups. But I didn't wanna totally spoil who they are (unless you've already read about them) so here are some underlings.

Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 am

*dusts thread off*

*coughs*

Whew, okay this place is a little dead.

Okaaayy so...

Aside from a couple of extra stuff which I will add later, Speedy is pretty much done. I need to edit his voice clips to make them a little more consistent with each other, but that's about all I need to do.

I started moving on to someone else. I decided to work on Splice himself, but I found that I didn't have too much motivation to get far in that. Instead, I found myself drifting off to working on Gizmo. His sprites in game were grossly outdated, and I had already fixed/redone a lot of them, so I went ahead and added those updates.

Now, I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I planned to have the Journal include a monster log. To add to the monster log, you have to have a character examine the monster data during a battle.
Originally, I was planning to have 3 people able to do this. Tails, Gizmo, and Frost. (Power Star: Detect, in case you're wondering.) However, since Tails became an AI controlled guest character while Frost got the boot, this leaves only Gizmo.
I made an attempt to make this skill before, but it fell flat. But now, suddenly the method just came to me/ (completely randomly, at that.) I tested it out immediately, and it worked!

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Scan11

Basically, you could say that it works like Tattle from the Paper Mario series. (I even named it that on my first attempt, but the skill was renamed to Scan, for reasons soon to be explained.) At the moment there are literally no animations for this skill; it just displays the monster info right after the skill is used. I'll work on improving it as I go along updating and finishing Gizmo.

Man, getting this thing to work really made my day.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:10 pm

That would be fairly helpful for boss fights. Nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks. Also, this is why it's named 'Scan'.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Scan210
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 pm

More intermissions; this time a bit more relevant.

Finally ready to upload this. I sure took my sweet time, huh? After all that procrastinating, I figured I'd have it ready by his birthday.

Now, as stated at the end of the video, there's a lot more I could have done for him but didn't. It's not too late for those skill upgrades. I'll probably show them in a separate video once I've got them down. I plan for him to either achieve these upgrades either after gaining a certain amount of levels or finding a certain item/powerup.

As for his outfit, nobody's had that finished yet (unless they started with it, like Splice.) I was debating on having his outfit be included with his regular design and choose another one for his alternate, but eh...We'll see what happens.

In any case, I'm glad to have come this far to announce that ANOTHER character is finished right at the end of a completed character video. I'll hopefully have the next one up soon; I'm very proud of how he came out.

Songs used in battle:

-Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia)
-What I'm Made Of 2008 version
-Fury Sparks Arrangement
-What I'm Made Of acoustic (don't know of the video is still around)
Sonic CD Zone Clear/Won The Battle (Tales of Symphonia)

Thanks for watching!
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:33 am

So I played Splice yesterday. Gonna share my thoughts here.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 1

Splice's animations while in bed are rather nice and fluid. I liked that detail.
The phone looks strangely out of place, though. It's very square, has dark outlines and lacks shading, unlike the rest of the objects in the room.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 2
Is that one of those weird heating tables in front of the couch?? The ones that the Japanese use?

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 3
I already know how to play, but I figured I should look at this anyway.

The Paper Mario music kind of clashes with the rest of the music used throughout the game (Paper Mario music is extremely distinct). I think quite a few songs used in this game have that problem, actually, so I won't comment on the music any further than that. Just keep in mind that you want to make the music in this game at least sound like they come from similar sources.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 4
Oh, Splice lives right next door to the Blitz Pit? That's gotta be annoying...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 5
Oh...I guess this place isn't finished.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 6
Good for you, desaturated Sonic.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 7
When I selected "No" at this option, it made me sidestep. Strange..

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 8
I like how the game openly acknowledges that I'm trying to rob Violet.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 9
Why are the lights out?? Am I interrupting a romantic moment here?

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 10-1
But walking into the ER factory and ransacking their supplies? That's a good idea.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 11
The Bad Dudes here are using the old Sonic walking animation.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 12
Speaking of old sprites...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 13
I feel like the Bad Dudes are a little bit annoying for your first battle. Even with Tab in your party, it takes several turns to defeat them both, and you might end up having to heal a few times. You should probably reduce their HP a little bit.

I'll play more later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 27 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 66  Next