Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 48 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, if the concern here is that clothes on male characters are unconventional in itself, then that's a problem with the entire fan series here at this point, as 90% of the male characters wear clothes of some kind. At this point it's too far ingrained into the characters and setting that you might as well disregard it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Areas in the Game   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:18 pm

On another subject, I've been thinking about the World Map. I mentioned before that I was going to get rid of it and have you travel around in Adventure Field-esque settings. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to go about it then, but I think I have it figured out now. I'll keep the World Map, but have it only as a map that you pull out of your inventory and look at--like an actual map.

Now, as for the areas, here's how I figure they'll work out. Note: I'm putting this up for my sake as well as sharing info. Wanna remember this for when I actually get to work on these.

• Cities
    As you know, from looking at Greenflower City (Before/After the attack,) Cities are the large, safe areas in the game. They offer shops, inns, save points, and generally have multiple exits that lead to different areas. (GFC has three, four if you count the docks.) Some of the exits lead straight to zones, such as Greenflower Zone. While it's not very common, you might also find a dungeon hidden in the city. (Think GFC Sewers. Though some dungeons are actually mandatory.)
  • Adventure Fields
    Adventure Fields are similar to cities in that they are large safe areas with save points and multiple exits. However, they do not have shops, and very rarely have inns of any sort. Instead, they are more like hub worlds to various different areas, Zones, and Dungeons. The only confirmed Adventure Field at the moment is the Mystic Ruins, a place you'll be passing through pretty often.
  • Dungeons
    I probably don't need to explain this, but Dungeons are one of three types of dangerous areas you have to explore, the other three being Zones and Fields. These require a lot of exploration and puzzle-solving, and are usually filled with enemies. There'll be a lot of treasures to look out for, so keep an eye out. There'll almost always be a boss battle at the end.
  • Zones
    Zones are the another of the three types of dangerous areas you'll find yourself traversing. Unlike Dungeons, Zones are pretty straight forward, mainly requiring you to reach the other side. They'll have minimal puzzle solving and more platforming to deal with. They come in three acts; the third one serves as the boss area, and an exit to the zone after beating said boss. Unlike Dungeons, where you might return to the beginning after beating them, you will always end up in a different area after passing through Zones. When you want to go back, you will have to go through the zone backwards to return to where you were before.
    There are a few secrets and treasures in Zones too, so make sure you take a look around.
  • Fields
    Fields are essentially every area that do not fall into any of the above categories. These will have some similarities to Zones, with the exception that there is no set path you have to take. A good example is the road between Greenflower City and Station Square. While it's a straight path, you're completely free to stray off the road and into the plains. Or you could turn around and head into the forest, (which is another area in itself.) While Zones only have about two exits, here there are no exits: Just entrances to other areas.
    Naturally, the theme that was to be used on the World Map will be used here.

So there you have it. Needed to get that written down while it was still fresh on my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Feels like there's little difference between some of these categories. They could probably be spliced(heh) together a little bit.

I think Adventure Fields and Cities could probably be merged together. The only difference between them seems to be shops.

I don't get the point of Fields. Why do they need a category? Why can't the road between Greenflower and Station Square be counted as a "city" area in itself?
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:59 pm

You may have a point with the Adventure Fields and Cities, especially since I only have one of the former planned out. But I think you missed the point on the Fields. Yes, the road between GFC and S.S. can be counted as a 'City' area; I was just using that as an example of it being a nonlinear area. But the Fields are basically every place that doesn't fall into any other category. It's the outside world, a zoomed in World Map. It's comparable to Rainbow Route in KATAM.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:48 am

Not dead yet.

Trying to squeeze in some more work while I got the time.

Currently giving the main man himself some attention, in finishing up his sprites. While working, however, I noticed something that shocked me. I made a small mistake, which in itself isn't shocking, really. What's shocking about it is that it went unnoticed for five years, at most.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Blue_e10

I cannot believe no one pointed out that Splice's eyes turn blue here. And to think that at one point he was considered finished...

Well, it's not a big deal really. But wow, how careless of me. Good thing we won't have to worry about these poor sprite errors much longer; I'm on the job.
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Not dead yet.

Trying to squeeze in some more work while I got the time.

Currently giving the main man himself some attention, in finishing up his sprites. While working, however, I noticed something that shocked me. I made a small mistake, which in itself isn't shocking, really. What's shocking about it is that it went unnoticed for five years, at most.

I cannot believe no one pointed out that Splice's eyes turn blue here. And to think that at one point he was considered finished...

Well, it's not a big deal really. But wow, how careless of me. Good thing we won't have to worry about these poor sprite errors much longer; I'm on the job.
Oh dear, haha. How did he end up having blue eyes in the first place though? Aren't all his sprites started from a Sonic base?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:57 pm

...Shouldn't his eyes logically be purple or something?
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:49 pm

I have no idea how his eyes turned blue, actually. They originally were blue and red, but I took that out probably before I even began production on SpTH.

Kapus wrote:
...Shouldn't his eyes logically be purple or something?
You really would think so, wouldn't you? I intentionally subverted that, though his purpleness shines through in his super form.
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
I have no idea how his eyes turned blue, actually. They originally were blue and red, but I took that out probably before I even began production on SpTH.

But shouldn't they be green already, since they come from Sonic's sprites? Of course you still change their color to a lighter green, but why would they ever be blue?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm

That's the thing; I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 31 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 48 ... 66  Next