Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female
Number of posts : 779
Birthday : 1993-07-27
Registration date : 2011-05-05
Favorite Sonic Character : Cosmo

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Added a few bits and pieces to this one.

~~Chapter 6: Enter: Kaoru~~

Smash gasped. "Taelor, Are you alri-" His sentence was cut off when he felt the presence of Kaoru. "Th-there..Pearl, Yami, Do you Feel that!? That powerful aura.."

Pearl's heart felt like it had been shot. This was the exact same feeling she had gotten before they came. Only the source was standing right in front of her. "Taelor!" She squeaked. "Oh no, oh no. What’s happening!?" She panicked. Smash stood in front of her to shield her from what was coming.

"Yami! What the heck is happening to her!?"

"I....I.." Yami was at a loss for words. She fell backwards in shock as instant tears of fright began to form. She felt like that frightened little girl once again.

When Taelor finally stopped coughing up blood, she looked at her friends with pain and agony in her eyes. "Help....me.." she whispered. A dark visible purple aura surrounded her.

Taelor started to scream and cry out. She held her head tightly and closed her eyes. "No, please....G-go away!!"

The three could only watch helplessly as Taelor's cries echoed throughout the whole area. "Taelor, What's going on!?" Smash called out to her. "What's happening to you!?" He desperately wanted to do something, but what on earth could he have done? He just didn't know...

Soon enough, the young demon slayer stopped her screaming.

"Taelor..! What in the world just hap-..." Smash stopped in mid sentence with a quick gasp.

Taelor opened her eyes and stared the three down. Her pure green eyes were replaced with dark piercing black eyes that could only belong to a demon.

"It can't be..." Smash took a step back. "You...I don't know who you are, but you're not my friend Taelor! Get out of her body!!" He yelled angrily and charged forward.

He threw a mighty punch towards her face, but stopped in shock by her reaction. She lifted her hand and caught his fist with little effort. "W-What..?" With a flash in her hand, Smash's fist completely bounced off her palm, causing him to lose his balance and fall down on his behind.

"You pathetic little animal! Do you honestly think that you could hurt me with such a weak blow?" Her voice was cold and dark. Smash was convinced that this was definitely not Taelor. He jumped back to his feet.

"Who are you!?" the angry echidna demanded.

The dark being that took over their friend's body started to laugh. A bright light flashed and as soon as it was gone, Taelor was no longer in front of them. Instead, there was a tall, thin woman with long red hair. Her piercing black eyes definitely fit her more than they did the demon slayer girl.

"My name is Kaoru, if you must know you pathetic creature." she answered darkly.

"What have you done with Taelor!? ANSWER ME!!" Smash yelled again. He delivered more blows, quickly and rapidly in a speedy combo. The dark woman held up her hand and whispered something too quietly for them to hear. Smash's blows began bouncing right off of a newly formed barrier in front of her. The barrier shattered, knocking Smash backward yet again. Smash landed on his hands and jumped back to his feet in an acrobatic back flip.

"You foolish creature. You're rather slow to catch on, aren't you?" She taunted him.

"Answer me." Smash shot back, coldly.

"W-What do you want with Taelor?" Pearl managed to say. "Why have you done this..?"

"I'm afraid your friend Taelor is no longer with us..Her body and spirit are slowly fading away.." The demon finally answered.

Smash was about to yell back at her, until Yami spoke up.

"How...How can you be alive?! Its not possible!" the frightened half demon cried out. She was still on the ground, sobbing with panic. Her fears were a reality. This evil woman that made her kill her father so long ago came back...

Kaoru smiled, showing her sharp fangs. "Oh, Inuyami..How nice to know you remember me."

Smash looked down at Yami on the ground in shock. "You...You know her?" He asked. Yami managed to nod through her frightening tears.

Pearl stepped forward, trying to overcome her fear. "Y-you...Witch! How could you do that to Taelor!" She tried to sound brave, but she was still scared deep down.

Kaoru looked over at Pearl and frowned. "Such impudence.."

With just a swish of her hand, Kaoru knocked Pearl over and ran to Yami.

Pearl landed down on her behind, wincing in pain. "Pearl!" Smash cried out as he ran over to check his sister, but then turned around quickly to see Kaoru holding Yami up above the ground.

Yami's pupils went small when she felt herself being lifted in the air by Kaoru's cold hand.

"That's the Yami I remember. The pathetic little cry baby half demon...You haven't changed at all."

"Yami!" Smash charged forward again towards Kaoru. He grabbed Kaoru's wrist and clenched it hard. "Let her go!" He used his free hand to elbow her in the stomach.

Pearl got up to her feet and watched in horror as Yami was being lifted off the ground, while Smash tried to save her. But it looked like his efforts were in vain.

"Heh..I'd watch yourself if I were you. Every time you inflict pain on me, your precious friend Taelor feels it." Kaoru explained, coughing and trying to catch her breath from Smash’s blow to her stomach.

Smash paused, shocked. 'What?! Then...Dang it, what the heck are we supposed to DO!?' he thought helplessly.

A wicked smirk spread across her face. "Big mistake." In the next instant, she slammed her arm into his face, knocking him over to land face first in the dirt.

Yami and Pearl watched in horror. Pearl knew that Smash couldn’t be easily defeated. He was strong..yet this woman managed to bring him down without so much as breaking a sweat! She rushed over to Smash's aid and helped him stand up. Smash hardly needed it though, He stood up almost on his own. "Smash, Are you alright?"

"Barely nicked me." He said after wiping his mouth, his gaze still focused on Kaoru and Yami.

"Now, back to you.." Kaoru turned back to the frightened Yami in her grasp.

"What..do you want with me?" Yami asked.

"I just want to say hi. Don't tell me you haven't missed me at all during these ten long years!" Kaoru pretended to be shocked.

"Why would I miss a murderer like you?!" Yami shot back, getting annoyed with Kaoru's game.

The demon beauty giggled slightly, then smirked. "If I remember correctly, I'm not the murderer here. You are."

"Yami, What is she talking about?" Smash got back into a fighting stance. 'Dang...How are we supposed to beat this woman if I can't even hurt her!?' Smash thought angrily. 'There has to be another way...Yami mentioned her being "still alive". Meaning that she's been defeated before...But how? And what does she mean by Yami being a murderer? She couldn't have killed someone...could she?'

Yami looked down sadly, knowing that the truth would be said soon enough to her new friends.

"Oh, you mean you haven't told them Yami?"

Kaoru dropped Yami, and smiled at Smash and Pearl. Yami didn't bother to stand back up.

"Ten years ago today, your friend Yami here killed her father with her own two hands!" The evil witch announced.

A pained look of regret hit Yami's face, telling her new friends that Kaoru spoke the truth.

"She..She did..What!?" Smash gasped in shock.

"No..She couldn't have. She seemed like such a good person.." Pearl stared at Yami blankly.

"Hmph! I bet you had something to do with it!" Smash snarled. "Who am I to believe is a murderer? The helpless little girl or the witch with the murderous eyes that possessed my friend!?"

Pearl hurried over to Yami and pulled her a safe distance away from Kaoru, trying to help her stand up. "Hang in there, Yami.."

"She..Did have something to do with it." Yami spoke up.

"Both her and a half demon named Naraku used me to kill him...I tried my hardest to stop myself from hurting him, but I couldn't...Father wouldn't even fight back to protect himself..! I felt so scared and helpless..I was too weak to fight their evil off. It was my fault...All my fault!!" Yami fell to her knees and cried out.

Something inside her had snapped. The weak, scared little child she kept hidden inside her all these years finally came out completely.

She put her hand in her hair and stared blankly at nothing.

"Yami...? Yami!" Pearl cried, trying to get her attention. But Yami wouldn't move.

"Heh..She's such a useless little fool." Kaoru insulted. "Yes, I controlled her and made her kill her father, but she could've stopped if she wasn't so weak."

Smash growled. "You're horrible. Using young children to do your dirty work. And that makes them weak? No, That makes you a coward!"

Kaoru looked down at the blue echidna that dared to speak against her with anger.

"Yami? Snap out of it! Come on!" Pearl kept trying to wake her from her trance.

'There has got to be Something I can do to hurt her...Maybe...' Smash looked up at Kaoru. 'If I call out to Taelor, She MIGHT be able to hear me. I mean, she isn't fully gone yet...Well..Its worth a shot!' With hope in his heart, Smash called out for his friend, hoping she could maybe overpower Kaoru.

"Taelor! Taelor, Listen to me! You have to fight her off! Come on Taelor, I know you can do it!"

"Smash.." Pearl watched on the verge of tears. She felt so helpless right now. Yami was in shock and she knew her brother didn't have a chance fighting against this demon on his own.

Kaoru's eyes went wide with confusion, wondering what this creature was hoping to accomplish.

"Oh, you're trying to save her, aren't you? Well I already told you it's too late. Soon she'll only be a distant memory..-"

There was a sudden bright light. It was almost like the light that shone when Kaoru transformed, but this one was warmer and felt pure.

“Smash..?”

The echidna smiled. He knew that voice all too well.

“I knew you could do it, Taelor!” he cheered. "Come on, Taelor! You're almost there! Fight it off! You can do it!" he continued to cheer her on, trying to bring her back.

Pearl looked at Yami, then got up and stood beside Smash. "Taelor! Don't let it get to you! You're stronger than her! You can beat her! Make her get out of you!" She joined in with Smash.

Yami stood up, her eyes no longer blank. "You can beat her! I know you have the power to do it, Taelor! Don't give up!" she cried.

Pearl looked over at Yami and smiled, happy that she woke from her trance.

Taelor was trying her best to fight Kaoru's darkness. She didn't know exactly what was going on, but ever since her friends started to cheer her on, she knew what she had to do. In the midst of the never ending darkness was a bright pure light.

'That's where they're at! I-I think I can make it!' she thought happily.

"I'm coming you guys!" she cried, still running towards the light of her friends.

Kaoru cried out in agony. "N-No! I will not be beaten so easily by you fools!"

Immediately, Kaoru did a bunch of strange hand signs and chanted something in a different language.

The light that Taelor was trying to reach, was starting to fade.

"You foolish girl..Did you honestly think it would be that easy?..I am much stronger than you!" Kaoru chuckled.

Taelor grew frightened. She reached her hand out towards the light until it finally disappeared, leaving her in Kaoru's darkness once again.

"Nooo!!" she cried out in despair. All the hope she had left, disappeared. She could get out of the darkness..

The last thing Taelor heard before she blacked out, was Kaoru's mad laughter.

"Hehehe..And just like that, your friend is no more!" announced the evil woman.

Pearl's eyes shrank. "..She's gone..."

Smash growled. "Dirty little--" He just managed to stop himself from attacking her once again. "Yami! What should we do now?" He called, his eyes still focused on Kaoru. "You know her better than I do! What's our plan of action!?"

"I-I don't know.." Yami felt completely helpless.
'What is wrong with me? I can't make this stupid feeling go away..Taelor..!'

"Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I've gotta go. But before I do..."

In the blink of an eye, Kaoru disappeared from Smash's view.

"Wh-What? Where did you go?! You didn't run away, did you?" Smash yelled. He made several 360 turns, making sure that he wouldn't be blindsided.

Just then, Pearl let out a blood curdling scream. Smash turned and saw that Kaoru successfully stabbed Yami through the stomach with her sword.

"Yami!!" Smash cried out.

The hurt half demon stared into the evil eyes of the woman she feared the most her whole life, in defeat and agony.

"Feel the pain and despair you put your father through during the last moments he had on this earth." Kaoru whispered softly in Yami’s ear before pulling her blade out quickly.

The hurt half demon fell to her knees at first, then landed face first into the ground.

Kaoru stood above Yami’s lifeless body and stared her down with hatred. “You’ve no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that..All these years of waiting for my strength to recover, I finally have my revenge on the useless child that killed me..”

Pearl just couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't stand and watch as her new friend was killed in front of her eyes.
Something inside her snapped. Instead of a crippling fear for their lives, she felt a surge of burning anger take over. "Yami! Hang on!" Pearl cried out and ran to her aid. "I won't ever forgive you for this!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She grabbed Kaoru by her shoulders and, with surprising strength, pulled her away from Yami and swung her over her head. As she was hurled airborne, Pearl quickly did a backflip in mid-air, kicking Kaoru further behind her in the process. She didn't even bother to look and see where she landed.

At that moment, Smash felt another powerful aura, though somewhat faint. This time, he almost immediately knew where it was coming from. 'P-Pearl...? What in the...What was that...?' He thought, taking a step back in shock. 'Did she just...?' Putting the thoughts aside, Smash began to run to their aid, but ended up ducking as Pearl nearly threw Kaoru into him. Kaoru didn't hit him, though. Nor was she going to. She landed right in front of him, which made Smash quickly back off, not wanting to get too close to her. 'Great! NOW what?' He thought.

Pearl knelt down beside Yami, and put her in her arms. "Yami..A-are you okay? That looks pretty bad..." She started to check her wounds.

Yami's eyes looked cold and sad as they once again stared into nothing.

"Father..Taelor...Please..Forgive me..." she whispered weakly with tears in her eyes before blacking out.

Kaoru took one look at the sad sight, and laughed softly.

"Oh yeah, I bet that's VERY funny to you!" Smash yelled angrily.

As pleased as Kaoru was from causing Yami pain, she was still uneasy.

'How could that weak little creature even move me?' She thought. 'Any more blows like that and...I'm still much too weak right now.'

Kaoru floated up higher into the air.

"Tell that fool Yami if she ever wants to save her friend, she'll have to defeat me before tomorrow's sunset. If she doesn't, I will have successfully absorbed the demon slayer's soul and become an all powerful immortal being! That is..if that weak little half demon even lives." She laughed before floating up even higher.

"HOLD IT! Where do you think you're going?" Smash bellowed.

"To wreak havoc on these lands. Starting with that village!" She answered before taking her leave.
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:23 am

So much reading needs to be done!!>.<
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue217/18001The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:43 am

I know. I need to catch up.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm

*sigh* Why bother? This story is never going to be finished.....
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Do you have your edited version of the story? I can add all of your new parts with mine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue217/18001The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:09 am

Well, my edited version was just some spelling errors and slight dialog changes for my characters.

But if you want me to send it, I will. I think, though, that we should just post up the story and add our edits to them there. That way we can get it all done together, and have it posted at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:41 am

Alright. I'll post it all up as soon as I get back to Josh's.^.^'
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 am

Okay then! I'll be waiting. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:12 am

I added a few bits and pieces and corrected some plot stuff. We made, (or I did) quite a few mistakes on this one, but I got em'. Wink If there's anything you wanna add, please do so.

~~Chapter 7: Inuyasha’s Visit~~

"You little-" Smash's voice was cut off by Pearl calling for him.

"Smash! Hurry, Yami's not waking up! I-I think she‘s going to-" Pearl cried out desperately, not wanting to finish her sentence. Smash watched Kaoru as she flew off, shaking his fist and growling, but he couldn't do anything about it. He turned around and ran towards the two on the ground. "Don’t be silly Pearl. Is she alright?" Smash asked, his angry face turning into a look of concern.

"I-I don't know.." She whimpered. Smash looked around quickly.

"We're not that far from our house. Pearl, Take Yami and hurry back home as fast as you can!" He ordered.

"But what about you?" She asked, looking into his eyes with worry.

"Don't worry, I'll cover you. Once we get inside, Take care of her. I'll then go back to hold off Kaoru until we think of a plan." Smash explained. "There's no time to waste! Lets hurry!"

Pearl nodded and stood up with Yami in her arms. "Right." She looked down the path that lead back to their home and nodded confidently, then ran ahead taking the lead, with Smash following close behind on the look out for any more demons that might ambush them again.

A sigh of relief escaped from Pearl's lips when she saw the little house in view. At least they had some luck left. They made it there safely without a demon attack. "Smash, hurry! Bring me a wet cloth and plenty of bandages. We have to hurry and stop the bleeding!" Pearl ordered as soon as they set foot in the house.

Quickly and carefully, Pearl laid Yami down on the couch.

Smash didn't even need to be told. He was already on his way. He quickly opened up the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and took out the first aid kit. He opened it up and got as many bandages as he needed and wet up a cloth. He also brought other things needed to clean and help heal the wound. With his arms stuffed, He hurried back into the living room and emptied his hands onto the table in front of the couch. "Got it." He said. Pearl nodded and took the damp cloth and began briefly cleaning the wound before she started bandaging it up.

"Poor thing.." Pearl whispered sadly when she was done bandaging up the wound. What Yami said about killing her own father played back in Pearl's mind, making her heart ache with sadness for the poor half demon.

She looked down at her hands that were stained with Yami's blood, and started to shake. "Smash..Wh-What do we do now?" she asked, frightened.

Smash looked down at the floor, closing his eyes. "....There isn't much we can do." He said quietly. Pearl looked up at him with a worried look on her face. "Pearl, You stay here with Yami. Once she wakes up, Make sure you find out from her how we can defeat Kaoru without killing Taelor in the process." He instructed her. "As for me, I'm gonna go and hold Kaoru off. I can't damage her too much, but the least I can do is make sure she doesn't kill off too many people." He said, looking over towards the door.

"But, Smash.." Pearl's voice trailed off. She was worried about him.

"Don't worry, Pearl. I'll be fine." He flicked his thumb across his nose as a grin spread across his face. "Just watch over Yami for me, 'kay? Wish me luck." He turned to the door and walked to open it.

"Smash...Be careful." Pearl said softly to him. "You had better not die out there."

"Heh. Like I said, I'll be fine. Take care." He walked out the door and ran off towards the village.

Pearl looked over at Yami, and saw a little bright purple light shining on the half demon’s breast. "Huh?..What's that?"

~~

Yami looked around, and saw the most familiar sight in her memory. In front of her was the giant Sacred Tree and the small Bone Eater's Well. The place where her parents first met.

"What? Why am I here of all places..?" she asked herself.

She shook off her wonder for a moment, and smiled as she ran her hand on the rough bark of the Sacred Tree.

"Yami.."

The voice she heard behind her made her jump.

'Wait a second..That voice..'

Yami whirled around to see if it truly was the person she was thinking about.

A man with similar features she had was standing next to the well. He had white dog ears, long silky silver hair, and large golden eyes..It was no mistake..

"Father.." she whispered with fresh tears falling down her cheeks.

"Yami, you need to listen to me." Inuyasha said, his voice strong and worried. "I know how to defeat Kaoru. Even though she has taken Taelor’s body, she still has a weakness."

Yami nodded, and listened carefully.

"Her soul. The day you killed her, Kikyo found her soul and kept it safely hidden so that Kaoru's evil couldn't be reborn. But part of her spirit was still inside the shikon jewel shards Taelor possessed, and is using Taelor’s body and soul to be reborn into a more powerful being than she was before. You need to find Kikyo and destroy Kaoru's soul once and for all if you want to save her."

"Alright...Thank you so much, father.."

Inuyasha smiled and embraced her tightly. "I don't have much time left, but I want to promise you I'll always be here, and I'll always protect you. Please don't freeze up like that with Kaoru ever again. You have nothing to fear from her.." he said softly.

After that, he started to fade. "Before I go, I must warn you. When Kaoru gets a hold of her soul, she will be nearly impossible for you and your friends to defeat..Make sure you weaken her to the point where she can’t fight back.’ he gave her one last smile after the warning.

‘Goodbye, dear Yami.."

"No, father, please don't go!" she cried, and tried to reach out for him as he was disappearing.

~

"Father!!" Yami sat up on the couch, startling Pearl. “Gck..” she felt the terrible pain in her stomach shoot up all through her body, nearly making her pass out again.

"Eep!" Pearl jumped, startled at her sudden outburst. "Be careful, Yami. You haven't fully recovered yet." She warned her. "We're back at my house now.-Oh that’s right! Kaoru said that tomorrow at sunset, She'll completely absorb Taelor!"

Meanwhile, Smash was tearing down the path to the village as fast as he could. He was almost there. He could see smoke rising from the distance as the village came into view. "Crap..Gotta hurry!" He pushed himself to go faster. Just when he was right outside the village, He stopped to take a breather. He looked around and saw how damaged everything was getting. Many buildings were set on fire, and he could hear the panic of the villagers all over. 'This isn't good. I'm late.' He thought. 'Better hurry up!' He clenched his fists and ran into the village.

"What?!" Yami cried in shock. "Dammit..even though she’s the last person I ever want to see, we have to find Kikyo quick!"

Yami tried to get up, but a sharp pain in her gut made her cry out.

"I told you to be careful!" Pearl cried with worry. "And who is Kikyo?"

Yami clutched her stomach, and started to breathe heavily.

"I'm not sure if this makes any sense to you Pearl..But my father came to me in a dream and told me how to defeat Kaoru. He said..."

She stopped what she was saying for a moment because the pain in her stomach was sharp again.

"...He said we needed to find Kikyo and ask her for Kaoru's true soul...and destroy it.."

Pearl stared at her for a bit. "Destroy her soul..? How can we do that? Is that even possible?"

"I..don't know. In fact, I don't even know if I'm being sane or not. Maybe I just dreamed it because Kaoru brought back these unwanted memories..." Yami smiled to herself, thinking she was starting to go nuts.

Pearl shook her head. "No, I think the dream you had was true. While you were asleep, I saw a pure light shine on you, and I felt another presence in here...I'm sure of it." she explained.

Yami stared off in wonder, then pulled a string around her neck with a little bottle. Inside the bottle, Pearl saw 4 little fragments of what looked like a light purple stone.

"These were shining...So that means..My wish was granted and.." Yami smiled. It was all coming together. She wasn't crazy after all...

"Thank you Pearl..I'm positive now that my dream was real. Now all we have to do is..." She looked around.

"Wait..Where's Smash?!" she asked desperately, hoping nothing bad happened to him when she passed out.

"He made sure we brought you back here safely, and went back to the village to find Kaoru." Pearl answered. She was a little confused about what Yami meant about those shards, but decided it wasn't the time to ask. They had to hurry and find this Kikyo before the next sunset!

Yami tucked the bottle of shards around her neck back in her kimono before getting up.

"Yami, what-?"

"We have to go tell Smash about Kaoru's weakness. We'll need his help finding Kikyo.."

"But Yami, you're still in bad shape!" Pearl cried, running after her.

"Don't worry about it Pearl. I'll be fine. Now lets go!" Yami led the way out of the house.

Her wound was hurting her, but she payed no mind to it. There were more important things to worry about.

'We have to hurry! If what Pearl said about the next sunset is true, then there's no time for setbacks!'

Pearl watched as she ran out the door. 'She's still wounded badly...But she's right. We need to hurry.' She nodded confidently and ran out the door after her.

~~~

Kaoru's laughter sounded mad and cruel as she slaughtered one innocent villager after another. She needed their souls to make her more powerful.

“Stop r-right there, demon! Pr-prepare to die!” A terrified soldier cried out. He and his 50 armed men were ready to defend their town against this awful witch.

Kaoru turned and saw them all, smirking. “Oh really now? Not even 1000 of you humans could stop me!”

The man that had spoken to her before, held his sword up. He didn’t care if this woman killed him and none of his men did either. It was their job to protect this village, and they were going to do so.

“We will destroy you, demon! You’ll pay for ruining our village!” he threatened, trying to sound more intimidating.

“Ha! Just go ahead and try it.” Kaoru laughed.

The man looked at all of his men behind him one last time. “Attack!” he yelled. Every man charged at her, yelling and screaming.

Kaoru finally lifted her sword and one by one, slaughtered each man that came closer to her. Each and every one.

"Hahaha! That's right, give me your souls!" she laughed.

"No way! You'll have to take mine from me by force!" One of the many villagers spoke up. He actually stood out from everyone else. "And I'd like to see you try!" He drew two swords from their sheaths on his back. One was an icy colored blade, while the other was fiery red. Kaoru, floating high above, looked down at the small, cyan skinned swordsman.

"You honestly think you can defeat me all by yourself, little one?" She rose an eyebrow at him.

"I won't have to." He smirked. "Now, Icicle!" He called out.

Behind Kaoru was another person, who in appearance, was quite identical to him.

"Roger!" He called back. They both readied themselves, and then sprung upwards towards her with such speed, they left a streak behind themselves. As they struck her, they passed each other and the streaks made a shape of an "X". The two landed on opposite sides of her, and looked back up to see the damage they did. "W-What the hyo!? Frost, Did we miss!?" Icicle cried out.

"We couldn't have! That was a direct hit! She doesn't even have a scratch!" Frost gasped.

"That’s because she blocked your attack with a barrier. She did the same to me." The two looked to see Smash arrive onto the scene. "Frost, Icicle. Get over here."

Kaoru wrinkled her nose at the sight of Smash. "Hmph. You're very persistent, aren't you?"

Smash bent down to match the height of Frost and Icicle, the two puffball warriors. "Listen. You have got to keep her at bay. You have to hold her off, but at any costs, do NOT kill her." He said.

"Why the hyo not!?" Frost exclaimed, waving his little hands in the air. "She's killing everyone else! She just killed like 50 soldiers like it was nothing!"

"Because, She Possessed my friend! If you even hurt her, She feels it too. If you kill her, They're both good as gone." He explained.

"So just What do you propose we do?" Icicle frowned at him with his hands on his hips--at least, that's what he tried to do..

"I have another friend, who I believe knows her weakness. But she's injured right now. The moment she wakes up, Pearl will learn the weakness from her, and she'll inform us, and then we develop a strategy to beat her. Got it?"

"And what if she doesn't?" Frost questioned.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. She's going to start ignoring us and carrying on with her rampage, so lets hurry up." Smash stood up and got back into a fighting stance.

Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 am

~~Chapter 8: Yami’s Promise~~

Frost and Icicle were doing their best to keep Kaoru from destroying everything and getting everyone to safety. Smash was still tired from running all the way, so he was mainly bringing everyone to safety. Everything in the village was pretty much destroyed and on fire. Chickens and livestock were running everywhere, frantically searching for a safe place. People were screaming and mourning their fallen friends and family that were too unfortunate to get away from Kaoru. It was a massacre, and the three heroes were starting to wonder if there was even any hope left to count on.

Yami could smell human blood and smoke.

"Oh no!" Pearl cried, looking at the giant cloud of black smoke in the air. She was getting very worried about her brother.

Yami frowned when she smelled the fear Pearl felt. "I'm sorry you and your brother got caught up in this.." she said sadly.

Pearl was surprised. "There's no need to apologize..Taelor is our friend too, and we'll do anything to save her..Even if we didn't have to get involved, we would still want to help you Yami.."

The half demon smiled. "Alright then. I'll take your word for it."

When they finally reached the village, they saw in horror the many dead bodies of humans and livestock laying all over the ground. The once majestic, clear river was now red with their blood.

“I can’t believe this..Akebe Village was the most beautiful paradise in this land..and now look at it..” Yami shed a silent tear, remembering all of the nice humans that lived in this town. From the cute little children to the pleasant elderly..

“I’ll avenge you all, I swear I will.” she vowed to herself quietly.

"Pearl..I need you to stay here. Try and help the surviving villagers out to safety." Yami said darkly.

"But-" Pearl tried to protest, but Yami wouldn't let her.

Yami unfastened the top of her kimono, and handed it to Pearl.
"Wrap this around you. It will protect you from the flames. And this..." She paused and pulled Tetsusaiga out of its sheath, and handed the sheath to Pearl.
"..will protect you from a demon attack." she finished.

"Thank you, Yami..Please be careful and bring my brother back safely."

"I will." Yami promised before proceeding further into the flaming village.

Frost and Smash had just brought two wounded villagers to a safe part of the outskirts. "Stay here." Smash told them. "And stay hidden."

The teary-eyed woman and the elderly man they had saved were grateful to their rescuers, and thanked them quickly before starting off away from the flaming village.

Smash turned to Frost and nodded, and the two of them ran off back into the village. "What're you doing here anyway, Frost? This was the last place I'd expect to see you turn up."

Frost shrugged the best he could while running. "Well, Icicle and I were exploring a bit. We stopped to take a rest in the village, and then that Kaoru woman attacked." He explained. "When did she possess your friend?"

"Like 10 minutes before she went on a rampage." Smash shook his head. "Apparently, My friend Yami had beaten her before. So she's gotta know her weakness. But she got hurt and is resting at my house. Not much we can do until she wakes up."

"Great. I just hate it when the bad guys have the upper hand like this." Frost sighed with a sweat drop on his face. Soon they came to join back with Icicle who was still fighting with Kaoru. He was getting beat up pretty badly, since he couldn't fight back.

"Hehehe. I have you now!" Kaoru ran to Icicle, and held her sword above her head to strike him. Icicle panicked, and couldn't get away fast enough because of his new injuries.

"Icicle!" Frost cried. He and Smash were still too far away to help him.

"Kaoru!" They heard a girl scream angrily.

Yami used Tetsusaiga to block Kaoru's attack for Icicle.

Kaoru looked surprised as she stared into the hateful eyes of the vengeful half-demon.

"Still alive, are you half demon?"

"That's..InuYami to you!" Yami grunted as she pushed Kaoru's sword off of hers.

"I thought you were dead..But it looks like you're still suffering from that previous wound I gave you." Kaoru smiled, still snug with herself.

Blood was seaming through the bandages on Yami's stomach. She clutched the wound and snarled in pain.

"D-Damn you..Kaoru.." she cursed.

"W-Who are you?" Icicle stammered.

"Icicle!" Frost skidded to a stop next to him. "Are you okay?" He helped him up and dragged him away. "Sorry about that. Power Star: Heal!" Frost held the small star to Icicle's wounds. The star's yellow glow changed to green, as it slowly began to work away at the injuries.

"Yami! You're alright!" Smash cried out. He ran up next to her and got into a battle stance. "What's our plan of action? I meant to ask you about her weakness before she got you."

Yami looked at Smash in the corner of her eye, and nodded. She couldn't risk letting Kaoru overhear that she knew her weakness.

"Smash..How well do you trust your friends to handle this?" she asked instead of answering.

Smash smirked, knowing what she was getting at.

"These two can handle it." he answered.

"Alright.." She looked over at Frost and Icicle, two new creatures she's never seen before. "I'm sorry to have you into this situation too, but if you can hold her off for just a bit longer, I promise to send you reinforcements."

The two nodded. “Sounds good.” Frost agreed. "We'll do all that we can."

"And where do you think you're going?" Kaoru asked.

Yami turned her gaze towards Kaoru. "I'm going to put an end to you.." she promised.

The demon beauty only laughed. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, half demon. It is I who will put an end to you!"

Kaoru held her sword out in front of her, and closed her eyes before chanting. Her sword glowed dark red.

Yami's pupils went small. "Look out!" she cried.

"Feel the wrath of my Rose Dragon!"

A huge and beautiful red dragon spirit emerged from her sword.

Frost, Icicle and Smash were terrified of what was coming. As soon as Kaoru yelled her attack, the giant spirit came at them in a fiery explosion. "Holy CRAP!" Smash exclaimed.

"Power Star, Protect!" Frost yelled, holding the same star up. It glowed a pale pinkish color as a large barrier formed in front of them.

"Backlash Wave!!" Yami yelled, and with a swing of her sword, sent a giant whirlpool of tornados at Kaoru's attack, just before the barrier could block it.

As soon as the two attacks hit each other, a huge explosion went off. Yami saw this as an opportune moment to run away with Smash. She grabbed his arm, and started running for dear life.

"But Yami! What about-"

"I'm sure your friends will be fine! We have to run away!" Yami interrupted.

~~~

The explosion she saw in the distance, shocked Pearl.

"O-Oh no!" she cried, tears starting to form.

Before she started to cry, she saw a man only a few yards from her, watching the explosion. At least, she thought it was a man. The figure was wearing a furry white robe with the mask of a baboon's skinned head. She could feel a sickening demonic aura from him, and knew immediately that he was a terrible demon of some sort.

"Hehehe..Looks like Kaoru and Yami are having some fun. I'll just leave things to her..for now." Pearl heard the man say. And just like that, he vanished from her sight.

"Wh-Who was that..?" She asked herself.

"Pearl!"

The scared pink echidna smiled when she saw Yami and her brother coming towards her.

"Smash! Yami! Thank GOODNESS you two are alright!" Pearl rushed over to the two and gave them both a hug.

"Hey, Chill out, Pearl. Its nothing." Smash laughed a little.

Pearl smiled and turned to Yami. "Thank you for lending me these." She returned Yami's yukata and Tetsusaiga's sheath.

Yami nodded and put her items back on.

"We need to hurry you two. Smash..if you want your two friends to live, follow me to my uncle's house. We need his help if we're going to win this fight against Kaoru." she explained.

Smash nodded. "Got it. How far away is his house from here?" He asked, hoping it wasn't too far.

"Its not too far off. It’s a long walk, but if we run it shouldn't be too long. Can you both run very fast?" Yami asked.

"Not really.." Pearl answered.

"I can run pretty fast."

Yami bent her knees and motioned Pearl to get on her back. "I'll carry you Pearl. And Smash, try to keep up."

Pearl and Smash nodded, and as soon as Pearl was on Yami's back, they were off.

~~~

“Hmm..What happened to that pitiful half demon?” Kaoru asked allowed once the attacks were over.

Kaoru was still bothered about Yami’s disappearance, but decided not to worry about it for now. At least with the half demon gone, she could actually get stronger by killing the humans without the annoyance.

“Get down here and fight, Kaoru! We’re still alive!”

“Huh?” Kaoru looked down and saw the two little cyan warriors. They weren’t too seriously injured, but they definitely had quite a few cuts and bruises.

“Oh..I thought I had killed you both.” she said simply, and floated down closer to finish them off.

Icicle’s eye twitched, almost offended by her comment. “Nope, still here!” he said.

“Notta chance! You’ll have to worry about us for now!” Frost yelled, and charged towards her.

In mere moments, Frost and Kaoru were locked in a deadly sword fight, their swords clashing and clanging against each other violently. Frost was slashing and swinging at Kaoru with full force, while she was on the defensive, blocking all of his attacks quickly and carefully. Frost brought both of his swords down from over his head and clashed with Kaoru's blade. They both were putting their strength behind the clash, trying to deflect each other's blades. The two ended up deflecting each other backwards. Frost flew a few feet away from her, but landed on his feet. Kaoru on the other hand, floated backwards only about a couple of steps.

"Frost, Lemme take over!" Icicle offered as he jumped in front of him with his swords in hands, facing their enemy.
"Be careful, Icicle." Frost warned him, taking a few steps back to take a rest.

As Smash was running besides Yami, he curiously asked "So, How can your uncle help us? Is he a demon too?"

"Yes he is. And a very powerful one at that." Yami answered. "He's the Lord of the Western Lands..No demon has ever defeated him."

"Alright! Good thing he's on our side!" Pearl exclaimed happily.

"Impressive.." Smash agreed.

Yami glanced over at Smash while they were still running, but then looked away again. She wanted to say something, but was very hesitant.

"Hmm..Yami? Is there something wrong?.." Smash asked. The way she looked at him told him something was up.

The half demon sighed, knowing she should just get this off of her chest.

"It's just...I.." She took a deep breath and stared sadly at the path ahead. "I wanted to apologize for earlier..When I..um...froze up the first time Kaoru showed up. When I saw her..I just couldn't contain myself...I'm sorry..." Yami shook her head, trying to keep those awful memories away so she wouldn't cry again.

"Hey, Its okay." Smash consoled her. "Don't worry about the thing's that have already happened for now. We need to focus about what's going on right now. Besides, Wasn't she supposed to be dead? I'm sure that and what she made you do back then was too much for you."

Pearl nodded. "Yeah. I couldn't imagine what I would do. I couldn't even face that one demon by myself..." She shook her head, looking regretful. "But now there's a chance for us to set things right. If we work together, There's no need to be afraid anymore!"

Yami smiled and looked at the two echidnas fondly.

"Now I see why Taelor befriended you..Thank you both very much. From now on, I promise I won't freeze like that again. I won't be that helpless little child anymore..I'll find a way to defeat her once again, and protect everyone from her evil." she vowed.

Smash gave her the thumbs up. "That’s the spirit, Yami. That’s the way to go." He grinned. "Now lets go find that uncle of yours!"

"Yeah!" Pearl cheered. She couldn't wait to meet him.

Yami sweat dropped. "Umm..You might not wanna get to close with my uncle.."

"Huh? Why not?" Pearl asked.

"Well..He's a little bit on the grouchy and impatient side...And he kinda doesn't like to meet new people. In fact, if you weren't with me, he would probably kill you both. Just let me do the talking, 'kay?" Yami began to laugh nervously.

A large sweat drop rolled down the side of Smash's face. "Ah..heheh...Well, he's all yours to deal with." He laughed nervously, while Pearl's eyes shrunk with a huge sweat drop on the side of her face, followed by a noticeable gulp.

A little later, Smash spotted something in the distance. "Is that it?" He asked, pointing ahead.

"Yep, that's it!" Yami answered.

As they got closer, Smash and Pearl saw a little girl with short silver hair and dog ears playing in the front yard with a tall, slender looking man watching over her. He too had silver hair.

Smash slowed down and stopped a safe distance away. "After you, Yami." He said politely. He was really actually afraid of making the first move after she said that he might kill them if she weren't there.

A drop of sweat nervously slid down Yami's face from Smash's comment. She knew what he really meant.

Pearl saw the little girl playing by the house, and couldn't help but think of how cute she looked.
"Aww..Look at the cute little girl, Smash!" Pearl smiled. But she too didn't want to get too close with the tall man watching over her.

"You really think she's cute?" Yami asked, grinning wide. She let Pearl off of her back, and held her arms out for the little girl.

The cute little girl looked their way and smiled.

"Mommy!" she cried, and ran towards Yami.

Yami picked her up and swung her around before embracing her.

Smash and Pearl were dumbstruck. "'Mommy'?" they repeated. Pearl's jaw dropped wide open, while Smash just stared wide-eyed.

"She...she's...That little girl is your daughter?" Smash stammered. He and Pearl exchanged glances. Yami actually looked rather young to them.

"She's your daughter?" Pearl repeated. "Now that I think about it, I can see the resemblance." She giggled.

Smash nodded. "Yeah, she takes after you."

Yami laughed. "Yeah, she definitely has the demon dog trait I have, but she's got her father's eyes.." Her eyes suddenly darkened with sadness.

The little half-demon child looked over at Smash and Pearl, and suddenly grew afraid of them.

"M-Mommy..." she whispered, and hugged her mother's neck tighter.

Yami put her daughter down and stood on her knees so she could be her height.

"These are mommy's friends, Kaomi. That's Smash, and that's Pearl." she introduced.

Smash smiled at the little girl. "Hello, little one." He looked over at Yami. "Her name is Kaomi?" He asked to confirm.

"Hiya, Kaomi!" Pearl greeted cheerfully, not even waiting for Yami to answer Smash. "Its very nice to meet you."

Kaomi looked up at Pearl with big eyes, now knowing that she didn't have to be afraid of them. But out of shyness, she hid behind her mother.

"Aw, she's so cute!" Pearl exclaimed.

Sesshomaru finally made his way to the group.

"What is going on here? Who are you?" he asked in his strong, dark voice.

Smash and Pearl immediately looked up at him. "Ahem. My name is Smash, Smash The Echidna. And this is my sister, Pearl." He motioned towards her as he introduced themselves, trying to be formal. "You must be Sesshomaru, right? We came seeking your help.." He looked at Yami, hoping that she would take over.

Sesshomaru turned his gaze to his niece. The hardness of his expression still stayed, but she could tell he was concerned.

"What's this about, Yami?" he asked. In his own way, he was extremely worried. He could smell Yami's blood, and he knew something wasn't right.

"Father! Yami!"

Smash and Pearl saw a teenaged girl with long silky black hair come towards them. She had similar demonic markings on her face like Sesshomaru, and had the trademark white dog ears on top of her head.

'Dog ears sure do run in this family, don't they?' Smash thought, amused.

The girl saw Smash and Pearl, and immediately bowed. "Hello, my name is Yumi! And you two must be Smash and Pearl. Taelor's told me so much a-" Yumi trailed off, and looked around. "Hey..Where is Taelor? I thought she was with you.." she asked.

The three looked down.

"That's why we're here.." Smash began.

"Uncle..Something's gone terribly wrong.." Yami said sadly.

Smash's fists tightened. "Taelor...We're all in big trouble. But Taelor has the worst case scenario...I'm sure you all are familiar with the woman named...Kaoru."

Both Sesshomaru’s and Yumi’s eyes widened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next