Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 58 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Thank you! Have some more!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Reminds me of the third zone from SRB2 (Deep Sea?) somewhat in that top picture, and the patterns on the wall remind me of the spike shield from Sonic After the Sequel haha. Maybe that's why I like it so much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 7:50 pm

Not quite what I was going for but hey I'll take it. This place is based off Quartz Quadrant Zone, present. I was thinking of adding some of the more mechanical tiles, but I couldn't get them to look right in this area.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:

Violet can learn skills from other characters.
--
I wish I had a flashier way to go about it, i.e using the skill the moment she learns it, but that would require a lot more work, possibly including an/multiple extra class(es for each one). I don't know how practical that'd be, so I'll just simply hold off on that. At least until I get everything else about her under control.

I managed to do it, but it came with a critical bug, so it won't be happening at all. so now, you just simply get a notification that she's learned the skill.
Shame, really.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Due to some matters that needed attending to on SFW, I had to put this game on a short hiatus before I could begin production on my updates video.

Now that I have a moment to breath, I can get back to working on what really matters. Wink

Before I left off, I've made a start on several mechanics and left them hanging. One of them, which I just spruced up this afternoon, was the Field Abilities. For now there are only two working ones: Splice's fireballs (and later ice balls), and Smash's pushing of heavy objects, the latter of which I'll go into later.

Field abilities are triggered by pressing the 9 key. (for lack of a better button. RPG2k3 has weird key inputs.) They differ depending on the current Party Leader. I plan for everyone to have an active ability (by pressing the key) and a passive ability (something that works automatically as long as the character is leading.)
Splice's active field ability shoots a small projectile forward, which would normally trigger an event upon passing over specific things, such as lighting torches with his fireballs. Here is a very crude example of such.

Spoiler:

His ice ball, when made, can freeze things or put out torches. I haven't figured out exactly how to go about changing between them yet, but it'll happen.

Throwing projectiles at enemies will stun them as well as push them back.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 GVX2O4i

Doing this will leave you a bit open so use it wisely when enemies are swarming.

this is still heavily beta and i plan to spruce up the animations in time

Splice's passive ability is passing over fire and icy terrain with no trouble.

Meanwhile Smash's pushing of heavy objects is actually a passive ability, as everyone can do block pushing puzzles. But when heavier objects block the way, they won't be able to move it. That's where Smash comes in. Not only can he push the heavier stuff, but he is much faster when pushing the regular blocks and objects as well.

I don't have any footage on that just yet, but I'll show it soon.

Character Field Abilities:

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 am

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 7z0S3yN

As far as coding goes, Splice's field abilities are in working condition. Press the 9 key to shoot a fireball. Hold the key down for a few seconds to switch between the fireball and iceball. While fireballs push enemies back, ice freezes them in place, having roughly twice the stun power that the fireballs do.

When I start working on the visual effects a bit, I'll probably have a sort of graphic to tell you which one you're using.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm

I've been feeling unusually inspired to map as of late, so here's a brand new area.

Petalwood Pass:

Petalwood Pass is an outdoor dungeon taking place on a small forest mountain trail. Crossing over to the other side would lead you on the path to the Kartilla Desert. The road is very straightforward and actually rather short; it would only take about two-three minutes to cross it at most.

of course, seeing as this is a dungeon, it isn't that simple. The road's out, forcing you to take the scenic route.

As much as I'm liking how this place is turning out, I seriously need to find a way to make these forests stand out from each other. Fox Forest, Night Forest, Petalwood Pass, all three of them re-use the same tileset. (albeit Night Forest's is edited slightly for a darker atmosphere.) I have a few ideas on how to get this one to stand out more, save for the fact that it's the smaller part of a mountain range, but I have no idea what kind of results they'll produce.
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Yeah, as soon as I saw this I instantly thought of Fox Forest. The foliage looks really pretty though, cool work. Very Happy The rocky stuff on the top in that last screenshot looks nice. You could make some neat-looking cliffs with that. Maybe go in that direction? I've been on mountains before where those kinds of slabs are everywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Thing is Fox Forest has a couple those as well.

What I'm planning on doing is editing the ground on the tileset to be checkered. But I need to find a way to do that without making it stand out too much.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 X0bFegO

Well I think this is a step in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 51 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 51 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 58 ... 66  Next