Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 am

My motivation's all over the place. While looking around, trying to gather ideas for how to go about doing the next thing, I came across an old unfinished map I started long ago, and remembered that I implemented the first spring in that zone. So I went ahead and fixed up the tileset that broke after some incident long ago so I could make a gif of that spring.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Ei6raco

Yeah, it's Techno Hill Zone from SRB2, coming right after Greenflower Zone. You can't see it, but there's a slimy waterfall off to the left.
Anyway, Gifcam kinda skipped the main thing I was trying to record since the game lagged a bit while it was open, but oh well. This is a nice preview of what's to come, I suppose. But this is one of the later areas. (Not TOO much later, but still.)
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
I'll probably never lay down an actual release date considering how often working under deadlines has actually worked out for me.
You should probably set some goal in mind, though. For a long time it seems you've just been adding on and tinkering to already existing elements in the game (whether or not they were already passable) instead of making forward progress in the playable game. There's nothing wrong with polishing existing assets, but that's usually the sort of thing you would save until later in development when the greater scale of the game is completed. Honestly, I have little faith that the game is actually going to be completed at this rate, unless you plan to keep the length fairly short (I assume it'd be rather long, considering it is an RPG).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 pm

While you have a good point there, there are some things I feel need to be done before I can actually progress forward. For one thing, I need to finish Greenflower City (not counting the building interiors) so that I can go ahead and fix the attack sequence. Now that I think about it, I think that's the main thing holding me back, considering how buggy and laggy the attack is.

The main reason I wanted to finish everything I had on hand was because I was afraid of repeating hte same mistake with Frost's Adventure, where I kept moving forward while everything behind was unfinished.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't recall that problem with Frost's Adventure very much, but as I said, leaving things unpolished while you work on getting the main content completed (a beta, you may say) seems to be a good practice to me. Of course, you don't want to lave the early game unplayable, but you don't have to go all out and make it replicate the finished product so early either. There's a middle ground somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Well, I remember it very well. You could say it left a bad mark on me.
But yes, I should have a middle ground, and I'm not just saying that either. I admit that sticking to one thing for so long has kinda hurt in a way that I've constantly wanted to work on other places and get the story moving.

But still, I'm not quite ready to move on just yet. Like I said above, there are some things I still must finish first.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:35 am

Spoiler:

Here's the new section in Greenflower City I've been procrastinating with. The North-East area. It's a small place that sits in between the North district and Station Square Road. This is the main area I wanted to add before revamping the attack sequence. You might wonder why I really felt the need to make this area, but all I can say about it right now is that the Police station is important for a sidequest later.

The next area I want to add is for the Elemental Rings Factory. As it stands now, it looks like a bland, flat building. Not nearly big enough for what I have planned, so I'm giving it it's own separate section. The current building will just be scaled down and used as a shop.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
The next area I want to add is for the Elemental Rings Factory. As it stands now, it looks like a bland, flat building. Not nearly big enough for what I have planned, so I'm giving it it's own separate section. The current building will just be scaled down and used as a shop.

Okay, here we go.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Elemen10

The E.R. shop has been scaled down to a smaller, plain building. It doesn't even puff steam anymore, since it's not actually the factory part. (Though since the factory's one screen away, you can still hear it in the background.)

As for the main factory part...

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 New_el10

This is it. This is only a piece of it. It's really big so capturing the full view would take a few screenshots. Just to give you a bit of an idea on exactly how large this place is...

Spoiler:

I'm not really sure how much else I can add to this addition, so I'll probably be moving on then. I wanna spruce up the eastern area a little bit, since there's a huuuge empty space off in the down-right corner of the map that just feels off.  I still haven't done anything about that armor shop in the central area, either.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 8:43 am

Okay so a few things.

1: After a couple days off, I came back and realized that something happened and all of Smash's battle animations got misaligned, so now I have to fix them. It's a really tedious task and kinda confusing to understand the glitch that does this, especially since it can be exploited to fix the alignment on one hand, but completely ceases to work at other times.

2: The database exploded this morning. The only thing I really lost was my progress on fixing said animations and updating an unofficial battle in the test-battle monster groups. I'm still kind of annoyed about it though. . . . 

3: I went ahead and updated Fox Forest a bit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 1:07 am

That looks more like a park than a forest.

Just saying!!
Back to top Go down
Medley♪
The Angry One
Medley♪

Female
Number of posts : 609
Birthday : 1997-07-09
Registration date : 2009-01-22
Favorite Sonic Character : Sandra.

Character sheet
Name: Roydley Angrym'n
Level: 6
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Left_bar_bleue562/865Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty_bar_bleue  (562/865)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah, I don't think there are enough trees and foliage.

And besides that honestly, to be perfectly blunt, it looks a bit bland. I'm not seeing enough distinct locations or landforms. You gotta have a lot of unique looking areas, or else you'll just get hopelessly lost.
Back to top Go down
http://Something.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 43 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 43 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54 ... 66  Next