Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:28 am

Actually that's what inspired me to do this in the first place.

I was gonna go for something a bit lighter and cheerier next, as I realized I could probably use it/them to make some nice sprite pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Wow. Those are incredible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
Medley♪
The Angry One
Medley♪

Female
Number of posts : 609
Birthday : 1997-07-09
Registration date : 2009-01-22
Favorite Sonic Character : Sandra.

Character sheet
Name: Roydley Angrym'n
Level: 6
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue562/865Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (562/865)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Kapus wrote:
diet bamboo hell

Context.
Back to top Go down
http://Something.com
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:58 pm

So, I've been at work this week. I've made Splice's skills a little more interesting than the very plain "Fire, Fire 2, Fire 3, etc." (it went up to Fire 5. Same goes for Ice.) Most of them are just renamed, but a few of them, namely the ones that strike all enemies, got new animations or were replaced entirely.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

While I'm gonna save showing off the skills themselves for the obligatory Character Completion video, I want to also mention that I changed Flare back to being red. Just a minor, aesthetic detail, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

There are only a few more skills left to fix, and I have a couple more that I planned to add. I also started working on some of his weapon animations. (Namely adding those daggers I designed some time ago.) After that, there's the one thing that completely demotivated me from working on Splice for nearly two months: His victory animation. Fixing those sprites is going to be a pain.
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue100/100Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 pm

I like those flaming enemies. Are they flaming because they were hit with flames, or are they like a fire type enemy?
Back to top Go down
Medley♪
The Angry One
Medley♪

Female
Number of posts : 609
Birthday : 1997-07-09
Registration date : 2009-01-22
Favorite Sonic Character : Sandra.

Character sheet
Name: Roydley Angrym'n
Level: 6
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue562/865Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (562/865)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm pretty sure its the latter. I don't think you can really do something like that with the RPG Maker.
Back to top Go down
http://Something.com
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes they are fire type. Those are Burning Bats, a variation of the Bat Brain enemy. They have the new ability "Flaming Sky Dive" which does considerably more damage than the regular version.
...or was it "Burning Sky Dive...?"
I tend to make a small variety of individual enemies, like with Motobug and Buzz Bomber. (Don't think I've shown those yet.) I've only done that with Sonic 1 badniks and one Sonic&Knuckles enemy so far.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 am

_____Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Splice_sprite3
Well, all of Splice's current skills have been re-finished. I planned to add some new ones, but all I came up with were dagger-related skills. I wanted to wait before adding any more of those since I wanted to try something that would expand Splice's character much more, but would extend the amount of work before he'd be completed by a whole lot should I succeed.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Splice10
And that would be his dual-dagger wielding moveset. I actually had this planned for the longest time, and brought it up more than once in the past, but scarcely made any move towards making it. Seeing how Splice is literally only one animation away from being complete, sans the extra skills I had in mind, I think now would be a good time to bring this up and go into a bit more detail about it.

Basically, whenever Splice is equipped with two daggers at once, he changes fighting styles. There he's open to a few more skills that he normally wouldn't be able to use, even when equipped with a single dagger. In turn, he loses the ability to perform a few others that he normally would be able to use. His single dagger skills take a slight buff as well, since he dual wields now. I may or may not make a few stat growth changes (i.e how his stats raise when leveling up,) as well.
Originally this was going to be purely aesthetic, but after working on Smash's High Tension, I realized how high the possibilities were.

Don't expect me to make alternate movesets of everyone, but I feel that since Splice is the main character, he shouldn't be left out. He deserves a little more than that.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:22 am

Well I was successful, and it turns out that I had already made the 'code' to allow this, but had it disabled. However, in order to keep his attacking sprites in his dual-wielding state from being overridden by his single-handed dagger animations, I have to do edit the way people equip items, (from Hero to Class, for those who know what I'm talking about)--which will affect everyone. As such, this will take an even longer time than I'd originally planned, but should actually benefit everyone in the long run. I had a shorter solution to this, but going about that would pose a problem with duplicating items in-game, and I don't want that happening.

To those who don't know the inner workings of the RPG Maker, it may seem like I'm just speaking techno babble.
Long story short, I'm backing everything up and re-arranging a portion of the database. It'll take longer for me to finish this whole thing, but it should make things a lot easier for me in the future.

EDIT: Well apparently I failed a spot-check. Switching the things around does NOT do what I thought it would, and thus, I'll just have to figure out how to not get the items to duplicate in the shorter method. In a way, I'm kinda relieved that I don't have to do all this work. But at the same time, I'm worried that I might not be able to make this work out after all. Even though I do have something in mind that might work...
Back to top Go down
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm

I hope you find a way to make it work. Having a different moveset for Splice is a great idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 35 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next