Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 am

Not enough Pow Hammer.

Also, that Laser Gun looks pretty awkward and out of place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 am

(Trust me, I would have put a Pow hammer in too, but I'm stocked on Tales of references as it is.)

Yeah, I know. I was thinking about making a replacement for it but I haven't come up with one yet. All I did now was give it a bit of shading.

EDIT: I suddenly had a brilliant idea, and decided to use the laser gun from Super Smash Bros.

Spoiler:

EDIT2: Now that I think about it, the Piko Piko hammer changed in design depending on who used it in Sonic Advance 3. Perhaps I should go ahead and add some variety myself instead of having everyone use the same red and yellow one.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 pm

During this testplay, I realized something rather important that I forgot to fix about the items while going through the attack on GFC.

I went down to the drug store, only to be ambushed by a bunch of keese Bat Brains before going inside. Surround attack; no escape.

Since I nerfed Splice's speed, (due to removing his super speed powers some time ago) the bat brains were annoyingly fast. One thing I'd forgotten to check.

I defeated them all, and this is what happened.

Code:
68 Experience gained

68 Rings found

Found ----Daz' Items---

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Splice14 D'oh!

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:43 am

Okay so I finally got around to doing that one thing that I'd been planning for a long time now. I haven't quite implemented it into the main game yet, but it works pretty swell.

Using the same method I had for collecting rings, I managed to make enemies that appear on the field. Touch them, and you get into a battle. These are intended to completely replace random encounters. (except maybe on the world map, but we'll see.) I originally planned to make sprites for just about all of them, but I soon scrapped that idea after making just one, and decided to just go by categories. See here.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Badnik10

From left to right; Crawlas represent Ground based enemies. Bat Brains represent Flying enemies. Spikebonker here is a mixed bag of both. And Orbinaut has other enemies that usually (but not always) have some kind of event related. They could be flying or ground based; the point is that they have something unique. I don't have much in his category yet except for the bombs.

Now, these different types of enemy groups don't serve too big of a purpose other than to sort things out a bit and let you know what you'll be fighting. And to make them more unique, they each move differently, though they all head towards you one way or another.
Crawlas are slow, and generally keep moving towards you but may waver along the way.
Bat brains are quick and pretty erratic. They'll be pretty annoying to get by.
Spikebonkers are very fast, but can only move one space at a time.
Orbinaut never looks back; it will always be chasing you. But it's speed keeps changing from fast to slow, so while it may be easy to outrun, it can come back and surprise you.

This system should work wonders for the attack on GFC. You'll still probably be getting in a lot of encounters, but at least they won't be completely random and so much of a hindrance. Also, if you successfully run away from an enemy, they'll be temporarily stunned.

I still do intend to keep the invisible trap spaces where the buzz bombers/bat brains swoop down and attack you, but there will only be a few left in certain areas. Having more visible badniks on the screen will make it seem much more like the city is under attack and not just you being bothered by bugs swooping down from nowhere.

Still, given the fact that I kinda nerfed Splice a bit, this should be a lot easier on the guy early on.

EDIT: Adding these guys was a lot harder than it sounded. At first things were looking up, but as I went along in adding them, the game began to lag. I had to cut back on a few of them until it lagged the least, and soon found out that the invincibility caused even more lag. Part of the problem was because of the constantly playing battle animation for the sparkle effects. However that wasn't all. I'm not even quite sure what the rest of the problem was. Either way, I've had to add and remove the enemies several times over for maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 pm

(Was gonna make a second edit, but this update probably deserves it's own post.)

I've finally got it to work. And through it all, I revamped the invincibility. It looks better than ever. Finally, you can actually use it the way it SHOULD be used. That and I changed the sparkles. Here's how it looks now.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Invinc10
The sparkles from the original Sonic 1. No there are no afterimages, they just circle around you. It's cool enough as it is.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Invinc11
At the same time, if you run into any enemies along the way, they'll blow up and give you experience!
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Two additions I wholeheartedly aprove of.

You should probably edit the crawla's sprites a bit to make it look less out of place next to the other badniks.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Honestly what made me do it now was because of how ugly the original scripted encounters were being during this current testplay. Especially since the delay between battles I'd set up suddenly decided to stop working.

As for the crawlas, those were pretty tricky to get where they are now, but I think I get where you're coming from. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Crawla10
How is this? Left is the current one.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 am

In addition to making the field enemies, I've managed to create a very complex way to be able to begin the battle with the initiative or a back attack. It'll take a while to port them over to the other enemies, as I've only just managed to get it to work with one. I'm also going to experiment with making you invincible for a short time if you run away from battle, as per suggestion by Sonicfan919. Once I get all of these things to work out, then I'll continue adding them to the main game.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
I'm also going to experiment with making you invincible for a short time if you run away from battle, as per suggestion by Sonicfan919. Once I get all of these things to work out, then I'll continue adding them to the main game.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this, (I might.) But I DID make something else that should help for this. I've taken the Blue Shield, the TV box that contains THE most useless item/powerup in the game, and revamped it. Now, much like invincibility, you can see the animation on yourself.

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Blue_s10

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Blue_s11

Now, how it works is this: When an enemy touches you, they bounce off and get stunned. In turn, the shield loses one hit point, and fades slightly. Once it's HP goes to 0, it's destroyed, and enemies can fight you again.
But because of the way the enemy encounters work, if you're careless (or surrounded) you will exhaust the entire thing in merely seconds. This is why I made it's HP stackable. (Meaning you can keep getting more shields to raise it's HP above 3.) If it's above 3, then the shield will look pretty rich in color.

Also, if you get invincibility, it overrides it until it runs out, just like it should. The shield isn't affected by enemy contact with invincibility on.

So there you have it. Now, from this I managed to get an idea on how to implement Sonicfan's idea, so I'll be working on that next before finalizing the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 am

You should probably make an information video showing the battle encounter revamps and stuff you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 22 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 66  Next