Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female
Number of posts : 779
Birthday : 1993-07-27
Registration date : 2011-05-05
Favorite Sonic Character : Cosmo

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Left_bar_bleue0/0The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty
PostSubject: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

This is a project me and Smash have been working on for god knows how long. Hope you all enjoy. We've both put our hearts and souls into it! The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) 57940

Table Of Contents

Chapter 1: A Cursed Past
Chapter 2: A Troubled Morning
Chapter 3: The Frightening Demonic Aura
Chapter 4: Enter: Smash and Pearl
Chapter 5: Demon Attack
Chapter 6: Enter: Kaoru
Chapter 7: Inuyasha's Visit
Chapter 8: Yami's Promise
Chapter 9: Enter: Kikyo and Kyle
Chapter 10: The Story That Started It All
Chapter 11: Planning Kaoru's Demise
Chapter 12: Reinforcements Have Arrived
Chapter 13: Finding Kikyo
Chapter 14: Destroying Kaoru's Soul
Chapter 15: The Tragic Love Story That Started It All
Chapter 16: Yami's Sacrifice --(Turns back into an RP, as this is where we left off.)

~~Chapter 1: A Cursed Past~~

A little girl no older than twelve was playing outside in her father’s flower garden. But this was no ordinary child. Her name was InuYami, and she was a half demon; Human being her other half. She had long silver hair on her head with little dog ears attached, her eyes were an unusual gold color, and her hands and feet had long claws replacing short human nails.

Nothing was ordinary about InuYami. But she didn’t seem to mind. The beatings from the humans for being half ‘monster’ sometimes took a toll on her, but as long as she was with her father, she would always be happy.

“Yami!”

Her ears perked up from the familiar, loving voice. She turned and saw her father Inuyasha. A huge smile stretched across her face.

“Daddy!” she cried, and ran towards him.

Inuyasha opened up his arms to welcome his daughter’s hug.

Little Yami was stronger than she looked. She knocked her father down when she jumped into his arms. Immediately, the little family laughed together in the grass.

"How's my little girl doing?" he asked gently, running his fingers through her long silver hair.

Yami pouted and crossed her arms. "Come on, dad! I'm not a 'little girl' anymore. I'm twelve!"

"Twelve?" he tried to look surprised. "I could've sworn you were only four years old just yesterday!" he teased.

He paused for a second. "Why didn't you tell me you'd grow up so fast?"

The little half demon couldn't help but smile at her father. "Oh, daddy! You're so silly." she exclaimed before wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

He sat up and returned the embrace. His daughter meant the world to him. She was all he had left in this world. His wife, his son, and his other daughter were all slaughtered. He and Yami were all alone now.

He stared down at Yami with warm, tender eyes only a father could have for his daughter. He couldn't help but feel nostalgic for his deceased wife every time he looked at her.

"Daddy," Yami began. She was too embarrassed to go on.

Inuyasha awoke from his little daze. "What is it, Yami?"

"Why do you look at me like that sometimes? Do I make you...sad?" she asked. She didn't like it when her dad would look at her with sadness. Deep in her heart, it made her feel bad.

"No, of course not!" he assured with concern. He took his little girl and wrapped his arms around her, rocking her back and forth in his lap.

"You've never made me sad, Yami. Don't ever think that you do."

But Yami still wasn't satisfied.

"Daddy...Do you think of mommy when you see me?"

Inuyasha let out a quiet sigh. It never took Yami long to hit the mark.

"Yes. But that's just because you're as beautiful as she was." he answered.

Suddenly, Yami loosened out of her father's arms and hid her face with her sleeve. "How's this?" she asked, her voice drowned out by the sleeve.

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"I'm hiding my face forever so you don't have to see it and think of mommy. That way, you won't be sad." she explained innocently.

Inuyasha chuckled sadly at her innocence. He removed her sleeve from her face, and embraced her tightly, not wanting to let go. Yami was about to ask her father why he was holding her for a while, but stopped as soon as she heard him sobbing.

"I love you so much, Yami. Never hide your beautiful face from me. You're all I have left now. And I promise I will protect you with my life. Nothing is going to take you away from me like they took your mother and siblings. Nothing..."

Yami's eyes began to tear up. She patted her father's back to comfort him a little. "It’s okay, daddy. Nothing's gonna happen to me..."

Almost as if they were waiting to hear those words, Two dark shadows hovered close by.

Suddenly, the whole scenery changed. The area around her became dark, Inuyasha's dead body and Yami's bloody hands appeared before her very eyes.

Yami awoke suddenly, breathing heavily from the distant memory. The last images had been haunting her in her dreams for 10 years now.

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the Table of Contents.)
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Left_bar_bleue217/18001The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Ah, you've already started to bring it here, eh?

I'm gonna get to work on saving the RP on HC. I would have done so yesterday, but I wasn't able to get on at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Left_bar_bleue0/0The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Haha. Yeah, I thought this would be a good opprotunity for new people to read it, but it looks like no one's on..We really need to get on the ball with finishing this. Its been put off for too long..Its mostly my fault, I just wish I could get more motivation..And thank you. I know its a big job. God I wish we could talk more..
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Left_bar_bleue217/18001The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:15 am

Don't worry about it. I know how it is with motivation. (I of all people should know.) We'll get this done soon.

EDIT: I just finished saving all of our work from HC. I'm gonna give it a quick once over to make sure I didn't miss anything. But I'm pretty sure I got it all. Once I finish with that, I'm going to go over the whole story and fix it up. Clean out the typos, fix the fonts, ect. And then, I'll send it to you and we'll restart the RP on here!
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

You know how I made this chapter version, right? Well I was thinking alot about what Eclipse said on hedgehogcafe, when he said that he's having trouble imagining the settings? I'm thinking I should go through the whole thing again and write out more details before I post anything else up. Because he's right, I can't really imagine the setting either anymore and that's like an important part. Razz

Alright, thank you so much! This will be so awesome!!^.^
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:19 pm

You're welcome! After I finish ironing it out, I'll send it to you. I'm about halfway done.
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

~~Chapter 2: A Troubled Morning~~

'What a surprise...Waking up to that every morning really makes my day.' she remarked sarcastically.

Yami sighed deeply in her covers, wishing that those memories would disappear forever. She would do absolutely anything to keep those memories away.

Quietly and carefully, she sat up from her bed, trying not to wake her little three-year-old daughter.

When Yami was finally free and out of bed, she looked at the silver-haired, dog-eared toddler still sleeping underneath the covers. 'My little Kaomi...Sleep well.' She gave a light smile at her daughter, and leaned down to give her a light peck on the forehead. The small half demon stirred a bit in her sleep from her mother's kiss, but didn't wake.

Yami looked over at the empty bed on the other side of the room, and smirked to herself. 'Out of bed this early, huh?' There was supposed to be a demon slayer there lying in that bed.

Her friend Taelor came over last night, anxious about something. But Yami was too tired to go anywhere, so it had to be put off until the next morning. 'She must be too excited to wait for Me.' she thought, and decided to hurry downstairs to get this "thing" over with.

At age 22, Yami was a woman now. A lot has happened in the past 10 years... At age 18, she settled down and got married. But her husband died shortly after she gave birth to their daughter Kaomi. Now Yami and her daughter lived with her Uncle Sesshomaru and cousin Yumi in the Sacred Forest.

Yami was friends with a Demon Slayer named Taelor. She was the daughter of the monk Miroku, and the demon slayer Sango, two of Inuyasha's companions.

"Good morning, Yami!" A jet-black haired girl with dog-ears greeted when she saw Yami come through the kitchen door. She held a plate and began washing it in the sink.

"Good morning, Yumi." she gave her cousin a little smile.

"You sure are up early." Yami commented.

A sweat drop rolled down the side of Yumi's face.. "Yeah. I woke up to Taelor and father sparring outside."
"Uncle Sesshomaru sparring with a 15-year-old demon slayer?..." The more Yami thought about it, the more she hoped her Uncle wouldn't kill Taelor.

"I'd better go make sure there won't be an unexpected death today..." she said, and headed for the door.

"Um, Yami..."

She turned to her cousin, the doorknob in her right hand.

"What is it?"

Yumi fidgeted a little. She wanted to tell Yami something, but she couldn't find the right words.

"You had a bad dream again about Uncle Inuyasha last night...didn't you?" she asked in a very small voice. “Kaomi came to me last night, crying about you screaming in your sleep..”

Yami's expression was blank.

"I can see it in your eyes. And the dark circles under them are more proof of the sleepless nights you've endured." Yumi continued sadly.

"It's nothing to worry about." Yami said quickly. She turned and hid her face with her hair.

"But Yami...you're..."

"Enough."

Yami didn't want to hear it anymore. She didn't want her cousin to worry about her. She didn't want to be a burden to anybody anymore...

"I'm fine, really." She turned and assured Yumi with a fake smile.

"They're only dreams, Yumi. It's nothing to get so worked up about."

Yumi was silent. She knew better than to argue with her cousin. Yami never told anybody how she really felt anyways...

"Alright...Well, have a good day..."

"You too!" Yami said happily as she ran out the door.

As soon as she heard the door slam, Yumi dropped her plate. It made a big clank sound when it hit the bottom of the sink.

'Why is everything such an act with you, Yami?...Why can't you just tell me how you feel once in a while?'

The stinging in her eyes was too great. She wept for her cousin's pain.

~~~~

Behind the large house, there was a big empty field with many broken trees around it. It was the perfect place to train with weapons and to spar. In the middle of the field were two opponents, looking as if they were fighting to the death. One was a young girl, the other an angry demon.

"I think old age is finally catching up with you, old man!" teased the cocky 15 year old.

Taelor's weapon, a giant boomerang called Hiraikotsu, had landed a successful blow on the demon. It flew back to her, and she caught it like it was no labor at all.

The demon got up from his knees and frowned. It was going to get personal soon. Sesshomaru wasn't the type of person that ignored vengeance.

He was a tall, powerful man. His eyes were gold and his hair was shining silver. He had no dog-ears to mark him as a demon. Instead, he had a crescent moon mark on his forehead and 3 purple slashes on each side of his face. He had a terrible temper, and hated more than anything to lose.

Taelor on the other hand, was a typical cocky teenage girl with green eyes and long flowing brown hair. Even though she was only human, her fighting skills and strength of a demon slayer proved her to be a worthy opponent for demons such as Sesshomaru.

"It has nothing to do with age, but to the fact that I can't kill you." he said in his quiet, yet strong voice.

Taelor just rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. I brought the Oh-So-Mighty Lord Sesshomaru to his knees in battle. And I won't ever let you hear the end of it!"

"Hey guys." Yami called out.

The two turned around, and saw Yami coming towards them.

"Hiya, Yami!" Taelor greeted with a big smile.

The two friends hugged each other.

Yami looked over and bowed to her uncle.

"How goes the training?" she asked.

"I just brought your uncle down on his knees with Hiraikotsu!" Taelor exclaimed.

Sesshomaru just rolled his eyes.

Yami pretended to be shocked. "Is this true, uncle?" she asked in the fakest voice she could.

Sesshomaru scoffed and put his sword back in its sheath.

"You're just asking for death, aren't you demon slayer?"

"Oh, come on. Don't make this too personal, Sesshomaru." Taelor surprised him with a hug. He pulled her off of him immediately with anger.

Yami couldn't help but laugh. Her uncle was the most feared demon in all of Japan...yet this normal human girl would treat him like an old friend. Not even she or Yumi ever talked so out going with him like that.

"Oh...uncle, could you please watch Kaomi for me for just a little bit?"

"Where are you going?"

Taelor jumped into the conversation. "I'm taking Yami over to see my best friend Smash. He came over here to train just yesterday."

"Alright. Have fun Yami." With that, Sesshomaru took his leave.

A sweat drop rolled down the side of Taelor's face. 'What about me?...'

"I can't wait to meet him. He sounds like a really good guy."

Taelor smiled. "You have no idea, Yami. Now let's go!"

The two ran ahead and disappeared into the woods.

Taelor looked at Yami sadly for a little bit while they were running to their destination.

'Everyday you look tired and sad. What will it take to convince you that it's not you're fault?'

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Another touchup)
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:04 am

Is there anything wrong with this chapter Smash? Just asking. This is the FINAL re type. So now we gotta decide if we're happy with absolutely everything.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:07 am

Ah, crap. I didn't send the version I saved to you, after I had gone and fixed up all the typo's and whatnot.

Anyway, I'll read through it and edit this post after I finish.
Back to top Go down
Kagome+InuYasha16
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Kagome+InuYasha16

Female

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:49 am

Aw that's okay. Send it to me whenever you have the time. =)

Alright! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))   The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version)) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Battle Of Kaoru! ((The Chapter Version))
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next