Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fan character history

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Earth Warrior
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Earth Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 885
Birthday : 1992-06-17
Registration date : 2010-01-17
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles the echidna

Character sheet
Name: Tharros Polemistis
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Fan character history Left_bar_bleue3900/3900Fan character history Empty_bar_bleue  (3900/3900)

Fan character history Empty
PostSubject: Fan character history   Fan character history EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm

(So I've started this kind of thread on another site or two, and I figured I'd make it here. Just to contribute to the site and keep my activity up. Anybody is free to share the history of their characters, I wouldn't mind at all XD Anyways, please enjoy.)

I'll start off with Terrador. Terrador was created in late September of 2010. In the beginning, he wasn't even a Sonic character or an anthro for that matter. Another friend of mine and I were attempting to make some sort of comic where he draws and I write. After many failed attempts, we decided to choose a random group of our mutual friends, place them in this fictional battle arena and give them a power so we can make them fight to the death ( random note: we were never able to even start a comic -_- ). Now, as my friend made that suggestion, I instantly pondered which power my character would use, which dawned on me just as quick as I began thinking. The power to control the element of earth has always been in my interest. I believe it dates back to when I watched Captain Planet as a young boy. My favorite character was Kwame and I always thought how he moved the ground with his power was cool. This was before I watched any superhero shows, so Geokinesis was the very first ability I was exposed to. With that was the name. I wanted something cool; something relevant to his abilities. The name of Terrador arrived in my brain just as fast as the ability. I had just finished The Legend of Spyro series shortly before and a character by the name of Terrador made his appearance. He was an elder guardian dragon and master of the Earth element. Aside from having my most favorite power in the world, he was an awesome character, so I didn’t hesitate to name mine after him. So with the name and abilities, I developed his appearance, which looked like me, only more muscular and with an oversized afro I used to wear. His attire was very similar to that of the hybrid you see today, only bandage wraps were around his hands and feet. After the fall of our comic idea, I turned him into an echidna, and created a profile which can be seen in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

I’m not sure if it’s obvious, but Knuckles has and always will be my favorite official character so I wanted my character to be similar, but be his own character. His hand markings were derived from Silver’s which I decided to place on his feet as well, than his forehead only recently. The last name of Bellator came after his transformation into an echidna. Since Terra is Latin for Earth, I thought a Latin last name would be suitable. Since I constantly refer to him as a warrior, that was the first translation I used and I've stuck with it ever since. I got more negative feedback than positive for a while, which only made me strive to make him better as time passed. With many different RPs and a fanfiction (which was never completed,) I was able to develop him further as well as gain writing skills. Shortly after making the bio above, I began watching the Last Airbender series and the Earthbenders were a lot of help for me. The way he fights even resembles an Earthbender. I was so inspired by it, that around late July of 2011, I changed his species to a badgermole, which was an Earthbending creature of the Avatar world. The decision was procrastinated for some time considering people were already referring to my character as an Earthnender himself, which I prefer Geomancer or Geokinetic. Not to mention I already knew people would be accusing me of making an Avatar character into a Sonic character, which I admit only to a small extent I have. This was also around the same time I gave him his current weapon which I also gave a Latin word for; Baculum Petra which roughly translates into staff of rock. The staff has always a favorite weapon of mine, I’m not sure why. Plus I felt it matched his character more than the giant hammer he was originally planned to have. There were two inspirations I had while developing this weapon. There was Kilik from the Soul Calibur series, which the general fighting style was derived from and Thor’s Hammer, where the mystical power, magical bonding and most notably the ability to remotely control it came from. Terrador remained the same more or less for quite some time. Occasional tweaks here and there, but nothing too drastic.

In today’s time, only three somewhat important changes were made. I have combined his two concepts and formed him into a badgermolechinda and his middle name has been altered to the Latin word for guardian. The name of his Geo Boost form is now called Earthstorm Terrador. This was the name of a scrapped super form using the seven Chaos Emeralds. I think I made his brown fur become green and all his green markings gold as well as an aura of sand. It was to be many times stronger than Geo Boost and he was able to move Tectonic Plates to move unspeakable masses of land or create an incredibly devastating earthquake. Another scrapped concept he had early in his creation was being formed into a sort of earth version of Blaze, complete with his own set of emeralds, which was promptly dropped after realizing how ridiculous that was. Recently, I've given him various abilities and weaknesses to balance them. Terrador is what I call my pride and joy. He was neglected for some time with the introduction of my 3 other characters. On a couple occasions I was almost considering giving him away to somebody who can put him to better use. Since I realized how good of a character he is and being my first, matched with the fact he has my favorite weapon and power, I've cherished him more than ever before.

(Well that's all I have. Feel free to share anything you like.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sonshadsilv003
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Fan character history Left_bar_bleue250/250Fan character history Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Fan character history   Fan character history EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Remind me to take a look at that "Wrath of the Geomancer" RP sometime.

I'll make a post talking about my (bad) characters later. Too tired to write it up now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Earth Warrior
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Earth Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 885
Birthday : 1992-06-17
Registration date : 2010-01-17
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles the echidna

Character sheet
Name: Tharros Polemistis
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Fan character history Left_bar_bleue3900/3900Fan character history Empty_bar_bleue  (3900/3900)

PostSubject: Re: Fan character history   Fan character history EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Ok, will do XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sonshadsilv003
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan character history   Fan character history Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan character history
Page 1 of 1