Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A guide to making a good fancharacter

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue217/18001A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Lol. I know, right? Though I can think of a few other offenders besides him. Metal has WAY too many aliases.

I'm actually a bit surprised to hear that from you. It's always a good sign when the creator of a character is well aware of how annoying their character can be.
Still, I know what you mean. But he's way easier to deal with than some of those other people I've dealt with. I mean, have you read the whole Battle for the Ultimate Soul Caliber? So much of this is based off of that one experience.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the guide, for now. I'mma look over it and see if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Sonicfan919
Water Drop
Water Drop

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-20
Favorite Sonic Character : Shadow or Silver

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm

I was always afraid that you would think that I made Krinkinko annoying and didn't know he was annoying myself. Concerning Chaos powers Sega and Archie are partly to blame. Shaodw was the first with Chaos powers then Sonic used it,then Knuckles in Archie, then his daughter used em in archie.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue217/18001A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Honestly, at first I did. Then little by little, I realized that you had to have been somewhat aware of it. (Starting with Smash's great frustration with him. I mean, who could stay oblivious after that?)

As for the Chaos Powers, I can see how that would affect others. Though I'm sure many people who haven't even laid their hands on a single comic are still serious offenders of this. I mean, Chaos Kill. Just TRY to justify that.
Back to top Go down
Sonicfan919
Water Drop
Water Drop

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):
A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm

I see what you mean. People (een I)just make up a chaos powers out of nowhere no matter how redicolou it is. Also super forms could be a topic in this.I see what you mean. People (een I)just make up a chaos powers out of nowhere no matter how redicolou it is. Also super forms could be a topic in this.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Um, I think your post seriously screwed up there.

But yes, thank you for reminding me about those super forms. I should add that.

I'm going to admit, I am an offender of some of these things. Mainly the character species and powers, along with personality. Characters like Smash, Splice, Thunder, they fell into the category of characters with powers too close to the canon characters. Smash originally had super strength and was seriously hot headed. Even more than Knuckles. Splice was never as fast as Sonic, but he was still super fast. Thunder was closer to being as fast as Sonic. In fact, I think he WAS as fast at one point. And his brother Lightning was even faster.

I could have gotten rid of those characters when I came to my senses. But I'd grown attached to them so much because of how long I had them. I just tried to fix them up the best I could. I made Smash's strength mainly from his energy, differing him from Knuckles. I'm thinking about getting rid of the super speed altogether. I might leave some of the brothers (Thunder and his 3 brothers) with their speed, but I don't know. Having 5 hedgehog's with super speed, even if not nearly as fast as Sonic, it just bothers me. But it's been on them since the day they were made, which was several years ago. I'm just hoping that I won't make too big of an impact on the characters.
Though now that I think about it, Thunder and his siblings haven't had much shine at all, so I may be able to alter them some. Splice, though, is better known for his speed than Thunder's family. And seeing how he's a main character in the series, it's not really a good thing...

Sorry. Rambling much.
Back to top Go down
Sonicfan919
Water Drop
Water Drop

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Well I never really thought of Smash being like Knuckles because they act different and Smash generally has a better sry than Knuckles plu Smash has more skill than Knuckles while Knuckles has more brute strength, not skill. With the whole Splice thing the fact tht he weilds and elemental word sort of flushes out the fact that he's fast (honestly I never knew until you just told me) so Splice is in the clear.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Well, this is basically after I fixed them up. You've only seen Smash in his good days, and you're lucky. Some of that junk I had for him and the gang were rather bad. And it's true, their fighting styles are much different. Knuckles does have some skill, but Smash is a lot more of a strategist. He doesn't rush in head first like Knuckles, so their different styles separate them more.

Yeah, Splice's elemental skills overshadow his speed, but he still has them. The main thing that bothers me about it is that as a first impression on people, if they realize he has super speed it might give a negative impression. Though when you say that you didn't even know till now, that does make me feel better.
Back to top Go down
Sonicfan919
Water Drop
Water Drop

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Also 5 character with super speed is okay espicially if they're related and even if it's not you have to remember that nobody's perfect. I even G-mod and screw up on ocassions. A prime example:The Splice Vs. Krinkinko fight. (When Krink was in dark form in particular)
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Actually, that was Kyle VS Krinkinko. Splice never fought him. But still, that was probably the only example I can think of.

Well, it's true that being related does make more sense. Still, I'mma tinker with it and see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Sonicfan919
Water Drop
Water Drop

Character sheet
Name:
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Okay. Well your Characters are pretty fine to me. They're better than mine. Oh, and on a seperate note who are the one on the Blitz pit logo on neo green hill zone. I know Smash,Splice and Kyle for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide to making a good fancharacter   A guide to making a good fancharacter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A guide to making a good fancharacter
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next