Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sprite Pictures

Go down 
+2
sykog
Smash Corliss
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Sprite Pictures Left_bar_bleue217/18001Sprite Pictures Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Okay. I'm gonna post all the sprite pictures I've made so far.

Here are the REALLY old ones.
Spoiler:

And here are some more old ones, but a little more recent than the above ones.

Spoiler:

Okay, I'm gonna post my more recent sprite-work now.

Sprite Pictures Beach_day_by_frost1992-d46x0dv
A day at the beach. Listen to this song while looking at this picture.

Sprite Pictures Beach_night_by_frost1992-d46x2rh
It's night time, and things have settled down. Speedy and Violet appear to be on a date, while Thunder's ship sails on the horizon. Once again, Listen to this song while looking at this picture.

Sprite Pictures Splice_and_cymbeline_by_frost1992-d46x3ap
A quick pic of Splice and Cymbeline. Made for this video.

Sprite Pictures Flame_breath_battle_by_frost1992-d46x3yb
A sprite pic based off of the game Splice The Hedgehog. Once again made for a video. I also love how Speedy came out in this one.

Sprite Pictures _wip__group_at_splice__s_house_by_frost1992-d49desu
A W.I.P. pic of some of my characters in front of Splice's house. I planned to use this as a background somewhere else.

Sprite Pictures I_will_fight____by_frost1992-d49pki3
Poor Splice has taken a beating. D: Also, This is the first completed HD Sprite aside from the previews that I never showed on here! Yay!

This didn't really happen in any RP or story, but there's still a bit of a history behind this. Splice, one of my main characters, is kinda suffering from a physical inferiority complex type of thing. See, in my mainstream RP's, (which haven't really been flowing, lately.) Splice was a good, reliable character in battle with no real flaws. Most of the enemies he fought, really didn't have any kind of powers of any sorts. Some did, but he still fought and won/came close to winning. Even in his game, Splice is a good fighter character, and someone you can rely on. Not nearly as powerful as Smash or Kyle, but he's still got it where it counts.

So what's up with this pic, then? Well, Ever since I've brought him into RP's on SFW (Sonic Fanon Wikia), Splice's competence level within battle dropped dramatically. I didn't change anything about him, it's just that now he's facing stronger enemies, and he is always outmatched. His attacks barely even do scratch damage half the time, and more often than not it's a battle for survival rather than aiming to win. The only time he fought someone remotely powerful and won was in an RP that ended up being discontinuity to the series. It's kind of sad...But through it all, Splice won't give in. As long as he has a reason to keep going, He won't stray from that path.

Sprite Pictures You_are_not_alone_by_frost1992-d4aaeqk

Gah, this took me forever to make. And I'm not even sure if I'm really satisfied with the way it came out. GOD I suck at hands. -_-'' It didn't come out entirely how I originally pictured it, but this was the best I could do. Making a small sprite comic purely out of HD sprites is hard, man. But I think the hardest part of it all was figuring out what I was going to do with the lack of a fitting background, so I just edited that spotlight to fill in.
Meh, I feel like I was kinda lazy with it, but this is all I could really whip up. It also took me forever to think up Smash's line, much unlike the other 3's lines, which only took like 2 seconds.

So ANYWAY, This is the sequel to my last pic up there. Basically, I didn't want it to just seem like a downer pic, seeing Splice beat up, but determined to fight to the death (which it seemed like it would probably lead up to.) so I had his friends remind him that he isn't alone on the battlefield.
I also wanted one pic, at least one pic, to show the bond between my characters. (Except Speedy isn't mine, but he's still a very important character and of course is part of that bond.) Why I chose those four? I think that they're probably the closest friends to Splice. I would have added more but it would have taken up too much room. (I was already grasping for room with the multiple text as it is.) The main thing I like, though, is how Cymbeline's expression came out in the last panel.

You can take a look at the panel with the gang there alone right here.

Spoiler:

I SERIOUSLY suck at hands.

Sprite Pictures A_snowy_day_at_ice_mountain_by_frost1992-d4eao6y

I haven't been spriting much at all, lately. So I just uploaded this as some sort of filler for...whatever.
Anyway, I went and messed around with Ice Mountain's tileset and whipped up a little area, went and made a sprite of Splice to put here, and added a background and snow. (not necessarily in that order, but yeah.)

As I was making a new sprite of him, I decided to fix up a few errors that have been appearing here and there with his sprites, lately. For one thing, his red parts aren't as discolored as they were before. (The shading was kinda off in a lot of his sprites, his mid red color was more orangish than red. Though you guys probably don't care about that, it's been bothering me.) His quills are longer and slant more, (finally.) And last but not least, he is wearing that scarf from his dollmaker pic that I neglected so much. I don't plan to have him wear it all the time, but just in the winter. (which is getting quite close, actually.)

Why I chose to make this pic, I don't really know. I just did. Sprite Pictures Shrug2

Sprite Pictures Riding_off_into_the_sunset____by_frost1992-d4eii6b

t was inevitable. This was bound to come up sooner or later, once I got his motorcycle design down.

I don't have many sprite pictures of Smash by himself, so I think he deserved this pic.

This pic could have been a thousand times better, but 1: It took me ages to find a matching ground and backdrop for him to ride across. 2: I could have animated it, but after taking so long to get it together, I didn't feel up to it. and 3: Right when I was saving the pic, I realized that I could have made it an HD sprite pic, but I was already done.

Oh well, next time. In fact I think I'm gonna work on his motorcycle sprites right now and get some rotations for em, as well as some HD sprites too. Sprite Pictures 57940

Sprite Pictures Night_of_memories_by_frost1992-d4hqmt1

A project I begun at the beginning of November. I was horribly delayed. So much that I even forgot about it. Picking up where I left off suddenly, I did the best I could to finish it up before the month ended.

There's some meaning behind this picture. I started on November 2nd, this was supposed to be a pic I wanted to make in celebration of my father's birthday. Since I've been working on a fanfic about my main character's father, I decided to base the pic on that. I felt it was fitting seeing how both fathers have passed away.
Originally I wanted to have a transparent image of his father off on the horizon, but I only have one picture of him and it wouldn't fit the occasion. So I left it blank. Now, they're just standing on a chilly night, paying their respects and remembering the times they had together in his life.

I also had a LOT of trouble choosing the background. And the close-up of Smash and Pearl? I had to edit Pearl's sprite from two different sources than usual. I had to use Amy as a base this time for her front sprite, and for her back sprite, would you believe me if I said that I edited her from Smash?
Overall this pic could have been better, but with all the trouble I went through, I'm just gonna leave it as is for now. Though I can easily go back and do it over, if I find a better background or something.

Also, this is the first appearance of Crash and Diamond outside of a cast pic. (More so Diamond, Crash MIGHT have slithered his way into another pic that I don't remember.) I'm liking how their hair turned out. Crash's spiky hair fits him, really. And Diamond's hair really brings out the color I originally imagined. Though she was originally supposed to have pig-tails in this pic, I couldn't get it to look right from the back so I just let it out.

Sprite Pictures Pearl_11

This is a pic that I didn't upload to Deviant Art. Probably because it's so small, I just used it to show off the new sprite of Sandy. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Sandy is Pearl's adoptive daughter. She came early in my series, but since she technically belonged to Alestar, I never used her outside of our private roleplays (which came once in a blue moon.) In fact, aside from her debut, she only made about 2-3 appearances within the entire series. I plan to fix that when I get to the series re-write, however.
Sandy's currently 5 years old. She's a really cute kid. Sprite Pictures 57940

Sprite Pictures Random_sprites_that_don__t_fit_anywhere_else_by_frost1992-d4m2zn9

Yeah so I've got quite a few sprites I haven't uploaded sitting around in my editing sheets. Problem is I don't really have a sprite pic for them yet. (My cast pic will most likely use new sprites) So this is all I could really do with em right now. Which is not much.

So basically, in the upper left corner, we've got Gizmo and his parents: Terrence and Anna. I've been thinking of a last name for the family, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Next, there's Mike and Diana. They both got their shine in the RP named "Moonlight Visitor". Mike was originally just a side character, but boy, that sure changed. His design has been upgraded just for that. Lina also got an update, but I haven't sprited it yet.
Now the problem with Mike here is that I forgot to save his sprite before I put it in the banner, and I had to go and rip the sprite from the pic. Crazy, huh? Ripping sprites from my own dang picture. XD

Next, from the aforementioned banner, is DJ Daz The Hedgehog. DJ is just a nickname, 'cause my pal makes remixed songs. I see no reason why his character can't inherit those musical traits. Sprite Pictures 57940 Oddly enough, we both always imagined him to be a drummer. I guess DJ stands for Drummer Job or something. XD

Continuing from the left of the next "row", we've got Smash, Sarah and David. The three are standing there for height comparison and the like, (I guess) And right after them is a sprite of David and Sarah standing together. (For those of you who don't know, David and Sarah are Smash's (now deceased) parents. Go read MoDTE!)

Next we've got Pearl and Sandy. You saw that above, but this was posted on Deviant Art, and it's got two extra sprites. :V

Just above Sandy, is Splice and Clara. Clara isn't very widely known outside of SpTH. She was Splice's caretaker for the majority of his life.

And then there's Viola and Violet. (who just happens to be a child here) If it wasn't really obvious to you, Viola is Violet's mother. She has the color scheme that was originally supposed to be used for Violet herself. Just a bit of a reference to the past, there. I made these sprites a long time ago, actually. The only other place those sprites appeared are in SpTH, where you can see it as a framed picture in Violet's house.

And last but not least, there's Smash next to his motorcycle.
Yeah.

Spoiler:
Wrapped in spoiler because of it's size.

WOOT! PARTY!!

XD Okay seriously, this took me all day to complete. (And most of the previous one, too.) And y'know what? I'm probably gonna add even more to it later. So it's possibly still a WIP.
This was supposed to be my picture to celebrate the Premium Membership Day on Deviant Art, but I couldn't finish in time.

Now, there's much to be said about this pic. For starters, this whole pic exists mainly because of Daz in the center. After I made that sprite of him, I was inspired to make other characters playing instruments, as well. The characters chosen, however, weren't just randomly picked. I often used to imagine my characters in a concert, much like this. (Except, I dunno, less colorful? I honestly didn't expect to use Music Plant, but I thought it'd be hilariously fitting.) That's actually where I got the idea of Violet being a Pianist. (I think, at least. It might have come before that but I don't remember.) Speedy was the guitarist, and Daz was the drummer. Splice really fits as a guitarist as well, but Speedy had already taken that role. But hey, who says there can only be one? Now Speedy has a buddy to rock out with! XD Speaking of which, it was my brothers idea for Speedy to be the guitarist, (mainly from inside jokes that nobody but us would get.) And finally, Pearl and Clara were the singers. I'm sure you wouldn't have expected it, but Clara really actually loves to sing. Pearl's just doing it for the occasion, but Clara on the other hand, jumped at the opportunity. Before she took the job she has now, she actually wanted to be a singer. This is the only time she's sang out in the public.

Oh yeah. Gizmo and Kitty were the only ones who were randomly chosen. (well, not so much Kitty, since he had to come if Gizmo was there. And because Maracas. XD )

Everyone else is just partying. James and Jessie couldn't help but break out into a dance over there, while Crystal and Smash are cheering. Thunder and his brothers are on the other side, and Lightning is taking the word "Party" to the heart.
Still not satisfied with Thunder's hat, but I noticed it makes him seem a lot more casual.

Sprite Pictures A_friendly_little_chat_by_frost1992-d4ykltu

Just a friendly little chat between Smash and his wife, Luna. It looks like he's sheepishly trying to explain something rather amusing to her.

This pic is mainly here to show Luna's new design, which I just finished spriting. Looks like my characters aren't the only ones getting some work. Razz
Personally, I really like how Luna's outfit came out.

Spoiler:
Wrapped in spoiler because of it's size.
My first sprite comic in ages. I think I may be getting better with the backgrounds and stuff. I'm just hoping the whole montage of different scenes aren't too non-sequitur to understand.

Anyway, The purpose of this comic is that, as the semi-final panel says, the Blitz Pit World Tournament is very soon. But the main reason I made this was the fact that Smash's birthday was today (or Yesterday, seeing how it's nearly 4:00 AM. Pulled a near all-nighter on this project.) I haven't done anything for Smash's birthday in, well, years. Figured I should try to do something now. So I decided to show how he trains. Three guesses to which music I was listening to while preparing this pic. Razz
He's now 23 years old. He's come a long, long way. He's as determined as ever to win the tournament this year. And he has the power to do it, this time. But can he?

I really like how the panel with him going "High Tension" came out. I kinda screwed up the transparency on one of the sandbags, so it looks like it's partially under him when it should be in front of him. Making this pic actually gave me a little push in the right direction for finishing up his sprite sheet. No, it's nowhere near done. But I made a couple of sprites that I'd been procrastinating on.

The shadows in the pics of him doing push-ups were done in MS-Paint, while all the others were edited in GIMP. I'd only gotten the idea of doing the latter after I did those first two. It's easy to tell the difference. ^^;

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Big ol' Update)
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
sykog
Water Drop
Water Drop
sykog

Male
Number of posts : 182
Birthday : 1994-04-27
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Favorite Sonic Character : Chaos

Character sheet
Name: Stretch
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Sprite Pictures Left_bar_bleue100/100Sprite Pictures Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Sprite Pictures Smashcm1
This is an updated version of Smash I made.

Last edited by sykog77 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Sprite Pictures Left_bar_bleue217/18001Sprite Pictures Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 pm

That looks better. How come you didn't make it show like the rest of them though?
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Update! I made a new one.

Sprite Pictures KyleVSDarkyle2-1
Kyle VS Darkyle 2. They are both in their superforms, but Kyle is in his combined one.

*adds to the list*

EDIT: Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm working on a really big sprite picture. It shows ALL of my fancharacters that I could put in. Excluding only my bird FC's, since I haven't even gotten down pat how exactly they'll look, Peppermint the Chao, whom I'm reformatting and probably won't even be a chao anymore, and Diamond and Rose the Echidna's, Smash's cousin and his grandmother. All of them excluded. So far, I've successfully gotten:

Smash The Echidna
Frost
Kyle The Hedgehog
(Main three fancharacters above in italic)
Violet The Hedgehog
Pearl The Echidna
Crash The Echidna
Splice The Hedgehog
Thunder The Hedgehog
Lightning The Hedgehog
Electric The Hedgehog
Zap The Hedgehog
Crystal The Fox
Cutter The Echidna
Darkyle The Hedgehog (He's leaving, by the way.)
Gizmo The Cat
Micheal The Cat
Catlina The Cat
Kitty The Cat Chao
Krysi The Chao
____ The Cat Chao (She doesn't have a name yet. She is Kitty and Krysi's baby.)
Keela The Hedgehog

Its a big picture. The ones left are:

Jessie The Fox
Light The Hyper Hero Chao

And all the rest of my kirby characters.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Here it is!

Sprite Pictures AllFCsBigger

This took a while. Kapus said that he'd add his own characters, but he was joking. I think he should do it anyway. Need more people on the right, anyway.

EDIT: Resized and changed the background.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:31 am

Sprite Pictures Frost_VS_Shockwave_by_Frost1992
Shockwave VS Frost! This didn't come out as Epic as I had planned. Maybe I should have added some effects to the clash?

Sprite Pictures Electric_VS_Kyle_by_Frost1992
Electric VS Kyle!
Note: Kyle is not getting hurt. His sword is absorbing the lightning.
This came out pretty nice, I'd say. A bit better than I had thought. Although I still think it could have been a little better.

Sprite Pictures Smash_VS_Gizmo_by_Frost1992
Smash VS Gizmo!
Gizmo: ...Who signed me up for this?
Back to top Go down

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:40 pm

I laughed at the 3rd one.
Smash how do you make sprites?
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:36 pm

How do you MAKE sprites? or how do you EDIT them? 'cause I don't make em. I edit. You can find a lot of sprites here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/

And backgrounds here:

http://dioxaz.free.fr/index_en.html

That place isn't in English, though.
Back to top Go down

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

I know English Spanish French and Japness geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sprite Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprite Pictures   Sprite Pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Sprite Pictures
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sonic Blitz :: Fan Media :: The Gallery-
Jump to: