Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Sonic Game?

Go down 
+7
Weiss Schnee
Medley♪
Kapus
Da Hog
Kagome+InuYasha16
DarkShadic3
Smash Corliss
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Phys the Echidna
Phys the Echidna

Male
Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1999-07-28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Character sheet
Name: Phys the Echidna
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 pm

I'd probably have to go with Sonic Adventure DX. For nostalgia and all of course but also because I feel like it's really the only good 3D incarnation of Sonic without relying on all Sonic's modern gimmicks (which, though I do not mind them, I feel attempt to make the games just about speed as a consequence of having straightforward, less open levels). I never had the chance to play the sequel until it came out on PSN, but I never even came close to finishing it. I dunno, compared to SA1, SA2 just feels kinda off to me - the physics, graphics, and characters all just seem too different from SA1. Once I have time on my hands again I plan to play through the whole thing.

Runner-ups include Sonic CD and the "Modern Era Trio" (Unleashed, Colors, and Generations). I really like the modern Sonic gameplay, I only wish it didn't rely on the boost mechanic. I love the quick step and the stomp and the slide and everything else because they feel rewarding to use (as well as look insanely cool), but the boost is just hold-the-button-and-win. I feel like a "speed burst" gimmick would be nice instead, getting Sonic up to speed but still needing to keep the player aware of what they're running into and forcing them to use another maneuver to combat that.

Also worth mentioning is Sonic Colors for DS, which is the only Sonic game (and, as far as I can recall, simply the only game) I have ever 100% completed. Chaos Emeralds, Red Star Rings, S-ranks, everything. I played it so much I even hit 34th place on the Planet Wisp Act 1 leaderboard before it was removed, only a few places behind all the leaderboard hackers who got 0:00 for their time. lol~
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyanpiano
AngelWings
Water Drop
Water Drop
AngelWings

Female
Number of posts : 117
Birthday : 1995-12-13
Registration date : 2009-11-25
Favorite Sonic Character : Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 pm

My Favorite Sonic Game? Well XD...

Top 5:

1. Sonic Heroes
- EVERYTHING even the Soundtrack <3

2. Sonic Adventure 2
- Gameplay, soundtrack and plot was the bomb XD

3. Shadow the Hedgehog
- I like this take on Shadow. About time he received spotlight. YES, the fact that the plot was a little convoluted and also that they gave him a gun was probably not the best idea, but come on, really? whats so wrong about this? I mean, have you seen Shadow's backstory?. What else could they have given him? A Tree stick? XP. The character probably has the darkest backstory of all the series, of course they had to make the game a little darker to suit him

4. Sonic and the Secret Rings
- New Style of Game was very neat in my opinion. It was a nice way of introducing Sonic into the "Wii" World. Soundtrack was pretty bomb xD

5. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity.
- Not a BIG fan of the Babylon Rogues, at all. However, the way they implemented the story as a race game and the speed suited the Sonic-styled world XD I could NOT picture Sonic and co in a "Mario Kart" type of race game hahaha.
Back to top Go down
EllyTheDragon
EllyTheDragon

Female
Number of posts : 33
Birthday : 1995-07-03
Registration date : 2015-06-09
Favorite Sonic Character : Dave the Intern

Character sheet
Name: Elly the Dragon
Level: 20
HP (Health Points):
Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2142/2142Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2142/2142)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:14 pm

>Sonic Heroes

Oh boy, my life in middle school was having only Sonic Heroes on the PC, along with the first Sonic Riders on the same platform. Crazy crazy times.. I did enjoy both games but at the same time my perception of them is kind of riddled with laptop slowdown and keyboard controls ^^;
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Water Drop
Water Drop
AngelWings

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:30 pm

For the PC? what! You must've had some sort of super computer to process all those graphics XD hahaha
Back to top Go down
EllyTheDragon
EllyTheDragon

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2142/2142Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2142/2142)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 pm

On the contrary, I ran it on a 2002 laptop that was filled with my sister's dumb stuff ^^;

The graphics sometimes got.. A bit odd, but sometimes it'd even run okay! ^^;
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Water Drop
Water Drop
AngelWings

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Oh wow. I commend you XD. I have a thing against PC games.....I mean I play emulators once in a while but still...XD
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 pm

AngelWings wrote:

I could NOT picture Sonic and co in a "Mario Kart" type of race game hahaha.

I dunno, sonic and sega all stars racing transformed looks pretty awesome if ya ask me.

Admittedly the soundtrack was the best thing about Sonic Heroes to me. Even if some of the theme songs were kinda..eh.. (I've outgrown "Sonic Heroes" and I could never get into "We Can". "We Are!" is a thousand times better. :T) but hey, it gave us "What I'm Made Of" so that instantly makes up for it.

I've only heard very few things about Secret Rings but as a whole it doesn't sit too well with me. Music especially. I love Erazor Djinn's opera wail when he loses, though.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
EllyTheDragon
EllyTheDragon

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 pm

So when're we all gonna get the game and super sonic racing

Back when I played sonic heroes the soundtrack was reeeeally a mixed bag for me. Some rather awesome songs but they were kind of cheesy, too, heh
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Water Drop
Water Drop
AngelWings

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
AngelWings wrote:

I dunno, sonic and sega all stars racing transformed looks pretty awesome if ya ask me.

Admittedly the soundtrack was the best thing about Sonic Heroes to me. Even if some of the theme songs were kinda..eh.. (I've outgrown "Sonic Heroes" and I could never get into "We Can". "We Are!" is a thousand times better. :T) but hey, it gave us "What I'm Made Of" so that instantly makes up for it.

I've only heard very few things about Secret Rings but as a whole it doesn't sit too well with me. Music especially. I love Erazor Djinn's opera wail when he loses, though.

I guess XD I cant help but find myself asking this: Whats on earth is the Fastest Hedgehog alive DOING driving a car? >_> hahahaha XD
Back to top Go down
EllyTheDragon
EllyTheDragon

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:42 pm

AngelWings wrote:
Smash The Echidna wrote:
AngelWings wrote:

I guess XD I cant help but find myself asking this: Whats on earth is the Fastest Hedgehog alive DOING driving a car? >_> hahahaha XD

Have you seen Sonic Boom? Not quite so fast nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sonic Game?   Favorite Sonic Game? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sonic Game?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next