Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vengeance of a Geomancer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earth Warrior
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Earth Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 885
Birthday : 1992-06-17
Registration date : 2010-01-17
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles the echidna

Character sheet
Name: Tharros Polemistis
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Vengeance of a Geomancer Left_bar_bleue3900/3900Vengeance of a Geomancer Empty_bar_bleue  (3900/3900)

Vengeance of a Geomancer Empty
PostSubject: Vengeance of a Geomancer   Vengeance of a Geomancer EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Chapter 1: Enter the Earth Warrior

It was a midsummer afternoon. Not a cloud was in the sky and the radiant sun gleamed on a secluded warrior who lay deep in the mountains. He sat legs crossed, hands together with small rocks orbiting him. He seemed troubled for his closed eyes twitched occasionally and he gritted his teeth. The rocks suddenly came to an abrupt halt and dropped to the ground. His emerald eyes opened and he slammed a fist to the ground, cursing at himself from the sudden stop of his meditation. Some nearby bushes moved and he jolted in action. Facing the bushes he stomped a foot on the ground, creating a small hole, then thrust an arm forward and sent the splitting ground careening towards his target. He waited for any sighs of movement. Moments passed and he found he just attacked a bush that moved in the wind. He shrugged off this feeling of foolishness and looked to his side where he saw a gray blur that was Station Square. A slight breeze kicked in and his nineteen dreadlock-like quills swayed gracefully in the wind. His full name was Terra Geo Bellator, a brown furred Geomancing echidna. His parents were the one that taught him everything he knows. His choice of attire was nothing more than a tan open vest and baggy dark brown jeans that were kept generally clean with the help of bodies of water he found. They were the same ones he wore when he last saw his parents that fateful day four years ago.

"I cannot hide from my destiny. My parent's sacrifice can no longer lie in vain." he thought to himself. His eyes closed and images of his past flashed through his mind.

Flashback

It was a usual day in Station Square. A six year old Terra was playing a frivolous game of tag with his father in their backyard. Quake was his name, a green echidna with streaks of brown on his arms, legs and dreadlocks.

"I'm gonna get you dad." he teased chasing his father around. His mother Gaia was watching her two boys from the porch. Her fur was blue with streaks of green, brown and white, almost looking similar the pattern of the Earth. Her many dreadlocks were tied in a ponytail that hung just below her back. As Terra reached an arm out to tag him something caught his leg and he fell flat on his face. His father rushed to his side. The young echidna got up with tears and dirt covering his face.

"You okay son? That was quite a fall." he pointed out. Terra's tears vanished and his body began trembling. Gaia noticed trouble and accompanied Quake.

"What's going on with him?" she worriedly asked. A green aura began to envelop their son and they were almost knocked off their feet from the massive wind draft. Quake sensed danger and housed the two in a dome of rock seconds before Terra let out a scream. A bright light shrouded the place and as it diminished he found himself on an island in the middle of a crater. Quake and Gaia escaped their dome that was barely hanging off the edge of the island and assessed the situation.

"Did he just..." she asked, lost for words at the incredible feat.

"Yes, our little boy has unleashed his dormant Geomancing capabilities."

"We shall train him. With that kind of power he just presented, he can be a great warrior."

"Terra…" Quake said approaching his son who stood petrified in fear at his own actions. "You have an amazing power just like your mother and I."

"Is that what these weird markings are for." he interrupted looking at the green, ring-shaped markings on his palms.

"Yes. Despite your young age you have a choice to ignore this power or train with us and unlock your inner potential."

"Yeah! That would be so cool!" the boy replied with glee.

"Good, now come inside. You almost destroyed the house with your burst of energy." Gaia stated. From that day forth Terra was trained by his parents. Unbeknownst to him things would go in a dark path.

End of flashback

Nighttime had fallen and Terra was housed in his usual rock dome. The dome kept in heat and was rather comfortable. He further used his power to soften the ground and even made a pillow. The echidna lay on his back, hands folded behind his head starring up at the top of the dome. A heavy downpour had occurred and the sound of the rain bouncing off the dome was somehow relaxing,making his eyelid feel heavy. He soon drifted off into the infinite vastness of the dream realm.

Terra's dream

It was another typical day in Station Square. In a familiar backyard a twelve year old Terra was training. A presence from behind alerted and he turned to see his mother.

"What is it, Mother?" he asked.

"Well, you've grown so much since you unleashed your powers. Your father and I are very proud." she responded with a smile.

"I have no purpose for these powers. I have not even tested them. How do I know if I'm powerful?" he implied, somewhat irritated.

"When the time comes, there will be a purpose and you will prove your own great potential to yourself." she replied with persistence. "Now come inside, lunch is ready." she went on. The two went inside where Quake and the food awaited.

End of dream

Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sonshadsilv003
Earth Warrior
5 Star Member
5 Star Member
Earth Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 885
Birthday : 1992-06-17
Registration date : 2010-01-17
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles the echidna

Character sheet
Name: Tharros Polemistis
Level: 1
HP (Health Points):
Vengeance of a Geomancer Left_bar_bleue3900/3900Vengeance of a Geomancer Empty_bar_bleue  (3900/3900)

Vengeance of a Geomancer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vengeance of a Geomancer   Vengeance of a Geomancer EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Chapter 2: Destiny's pursuit

Terra awoke to drops of water trickling his face. In his drowsy condition he had no idea how to react. At first he placed an open palm at the water in an effort to stop it. After realizing that didn't work he simply moved out the way. The shelter fell apart and the warrior emerged from it. The night time downpour had left a cold mist shrouding the mountainside. The Geomancer retreated back in his shelter finding the weather uncomfortable. He was accustomed to this by now, adapting to the harsh environments. He learned unfathomable patience to avoid hazardous situations such as this.

Hours passed and he exited the dome yet again. The sun had come out and the temperature climbed dramatically, exceeding the comfort zone a bit, but it wasn't a bother to him. He approached the nearby lake, kneeling down in front of it and placing his open palms in, filling them with water and drinking from them. After satisfying his thirst he veered once more to the gray blur that was Station Square. He looked down at his open palm as he clenched it into a tight fist, the green marking glowing briefly. He sighed deeply before rocks formed at his feet, utilizing them as skates to head for the city. He knew these mountains by now, but he had not been near the city since his seclusion. It didn't take him long to reach his destination. He traversed through vast waterfalls and scaled down hills almost reaching a 90 degree angle.

Upon arrival from the enduring and agonizing trip the rocks vanished and he felt the blazing concrete on his bare feet. He ignored the scorching pain and searched for anything that might aid him in his quest. The city was relatively loud and crowded instead of the quiet and vacant lifestyle he was used to. A suspicious figure quickly got his attention. He saw nothing more than the backside. A hooded black trench coat covered his body. The figure turned his head, enough for Terra to see glowing red eyes from under the hood covering the rest of his head. The figure let out a smug grin, exposing his long fangs before turning forward to flee. Terra wasted not a second and pursued. He followed the figure into a nearby forest where he lost all track of him. He stopped briefly to look around. For a second he froze and squinted his eyes. He turned around and created a wall of earth and almost instantly a dagger nearly penetrated the wall considering it was only compressed dirt. The tip of the blade stopped inches from his face. Terra pushed the wall forward, watching it hover above the ground for a bit before collapsing and creating a cloud of smoke. Out of this smoke a figure approached Terra snickering deviously.

"You're pretty quick. I usually get people with that." he spoke in his raspy voice. The smoke cleared and the sight of similar black hooded trench coat came into view. Those same glowing red eyes stared deeply at him. He also saw a pair of black jeans and dark knee-high boots. A wide assortment of pockets and chains were scattered around his attire. What Terra didn't see was a plethora of daggers concealed within the clothing. Claws were seen on the finger-less, black, leather gloves. The figure removed his hood, revealing his triangular perked ears. He was an albino wolf.

"It's been a long four years, Terra Bellator." he stated.

"Who are you, and how do you know my name!" Terra demanded.

"My identity is none of your concern. My only objective is start what I should have four years ago." he persisted drawing a hand inside his coat. Terra braced himself for anything. The wolf dashed at him, bombarding him with a barrage of punches and kicks. They were rather slow and Terra easily dodged them, or so he thought. He was knocked back heavily confused.

"His attacks are slow, and yet he somehow managed to strike me. Either he's quicker than he puts off or he has some kind of hidden power." he thought to himself. A sharp pain consumed him. Placing a hand to the source of the pain he brought it up and noticed blood covering his hand. Three diagonal slashes from the wolf’s claws marked his chest. His eyelids felt heavy, and his vision became weak. He soon found it hard to stand and he lost consciousness from loss of blood.

Flashback: The same day as his previous dream

The twelve year old Terra had finished lunch and continued to train. Later, deep in the night’s drift, he awoke to his father shaking him by the shoulders.

"Father, what's wrong?" he asked rubbing his eyes. Quake sighed and prepared to speak, somewhat hesitant as he began.

"Son, quite some time ago your mother and I ceased these villain's knavish plans and the leader placed a large bounty over our head. Assassins are in the house. They captured her and are now attempting to use her as bait to lure me in." he said awkwardly calm

"We must save her!" Terra panicked jolting out of bed. His father stopped him, however.

"Please son, calm down. It's useless, they have strength in numbers." he insisted.

"Then what do you suppose I do?" he pleaded near tears. Quake opened a nearby window.

"Make your escape while I distract them." he replied.

"No! I can't do that. You expect me to just abandon my own parents!?" he bellowed.

"This is our responsibility and there is no reason for you to get involved.” he implied. Terra stared into his father's emerald eyes with tears flowing through his.

"This is madness! I don't believe this."

A loud noise was heard from downstairs.

"Go now! There isn't much time." he snapped as he made his exit. Terra veered at his father as tears flooded his eyes. He swallowed his reluctance and made his departure though the window. His house was two stories with his room being on the top floor. Upon contact with the ground he rolled to the side to prevent injury. He couldn't afford even the smallest one at this point. In the distance he heard a battle going on. He hesitated to move on, however he fought against himself and fled. He ran and ran thankfully with nobody attacking him. He soon found himself alone deep in the mountainside. At one point his body ached tremendously to the extent his legs could no longer support him. He dropped to the ground breathing heavily and skeptical about the events that just transpired. He sat there weeping for a fair amount of time, finally gathering himself and observed his background. From that day on he went under intense self-training and secluded himself in those mountains fearing those same people would attack him. Thoughts of avenging his fallen parents crowded his mind nearly everyday.

End of flashback
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sonshadsilv003

Vengeance of a Geomancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sonic Blitz :: Fan Media :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: