Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.

Go down 
+17
Phys the Echidna
Weiss Schnee
Sonicfan919
Medley♪
Kagome+InuYasha16
AngelWings
DarkNightmare
Alestar
Shadow122
EstrellaDelMar
LuckytheHedgehog
Wesker8
DarkShadic3
sykog
Arala Cran
Kapus
Smash Corliss
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55 ... 66  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Still probably don't have too much to show; Kitty barely had anything done on him to begin with. Aside from the basics of linking each one of his forms together, with a few base battle sprites and walking charsets, I did a lot less with Kitty than I thought I did.

So, working on his Neutral Normal version, I've just about gotten Kitty to a decently playable state. He's got all of the base animations and is only missing three bad status animations. (And one of which is literally a single sprite that I forgot to add in.) And putting that aside, I remade and buffed one of the only two working skills he had: Chao Shield. Aside from just simply giving him a defense boost, it also greatly raises his resistance to (most) bad status effects.

Speaking of which, here's how it looks now.
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 NAMryhq Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 MMLr4Q5

On the subject of Chao Shield, this is actually one example of the Chao Scroll skills, which means that Shade and Krysi can also learn this. (Krysi's case it'll also protect Crystal too, seeing as they're a dual character.)

SPEAKING of Shade, I ought to ask Kapus. Do you have any plans to finish him, or do you want me to? Also I don't know if I ever actually shot this idea 'round your way, but I've been wanting a character with a Steal ability. Shade is literally the only character I can think of who'd have it. And after making Gizmo's scan ability, I have a much greater idea on how to handle it. So what do you say?
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 am

I dunno if I'll have time to finish Shade completely, but he shouldn't be that complicated. His skillset is supposed to revolve around hindering the enemies with status effects and stat atrophies. A steal ability would be a good extra if you want to code it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Left_bar_bleue217/18001Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Sounds simple enough. I've already got a few ideas for his moves. I'll most likely work on updating his sprites (currently missing his hat in battle) when I start working on Dark Kitty--whom I'll be moving onto very soon.

Also I don't know if you ever checked up on Tab to see if there was anything that needed revising in her battle animations yet, but whenever you have free time PLEASE at least get her charset done. She is literally the first character to join your party; she has priority over others. She can't stay a dangly Gizmo recolor forever.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 4:03 am

Well I might as well post this here. Daz wanted a redesign, so I tried my hand at the updates following his instructions. I also thought he could use some spiky hair, 'cause it kinda fits his character, so I tried adding that in too. But I don't particularly like how it came out, so I'm probably gonna do it over.

Anyway here's how he's looking. Not TOO different, but with slightly more appealing color scheme.
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Daz_up10

DJ_Daz wrote:
Nuuuu leave the hair the way it is, I love it! XD

Whelp.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Left_bar_bleue250/250Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 10:15 pm

It's kind of hard to make out--particularly his ear amongst the spiky hair. I think it'd look better if there was more effort put in to making the spikes stand out differently.

As for the color scheme, it is more appealing, but it's still a bit of a color soup. I'd probably reduce the amount of different colors he uses. (maybe turn his vest to black and his shirt/pants to red)

I appreciate that you're trying to make him look less ugly though.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Yeah, that's part of why I kinda wanted to try again with the hair.

I'd rather make his pants black and his shirt/jacket to red. Speedy's already got that black vest thing down. (And thinking of it now, there are a lot of characters (hedgehogs in particular) who wear vests. I tried to make Daz' into more of a short-sleeved jacket, or at least one with rolled up sleeves.)

The colors are all mostly Daz' ideas though, so I'd like to hear his opinion on that.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Alright, school's out for me now! It's finally time to try and get some work done. For my convenience, I'm going to list what needs to be done.

Characters

Crystal's sprites needs reworking. Not only did I do a poor job in handling her hair, but Krysi finally got her long-awaited make-over. Being the early character that she is, she takes some priority over the others.

Tab has the highest priority, however. I shouldn't have to remind Kapus again about her.

Locations

• Greenflower City is the only place I need to focus on. I'm not going to bother with the building interiors until I've finished everything outdoors. As far as I know, the Armor Shop needs a new name and the Blitz Pit's outer walls needs remodeling. (It's literally just one huge wall with a door and some torches.) I'm thinking of redoing the whole area, and maybe make it a little farther down the road.
  • I never finished the docks, and the beach looks kinda crappy. But since this area isn't accessible during the attack on GFC, (meaning you're not required to go here yet,) it's not really something I need to focus on right away.
  • I never, EVER actually started on Hedgehog Park. It's been like one of the main landmarks of the city since the beginning of the series, and I STILL never got around to it. Still, since it's its own area, I can probably hold off a little longer on making it. It's a little out of the way in terms of importance to the main game, anyway. Although I COULD add an extra thing there during the attack, but as I said, it can wait.
  • I don't like how the mall looks in the Northern district, but everything else is about fine.
  • The houses in the East district look a little bland, save for Lucy and Tab's. I already went and added a new house to fill in that HUGE block of empty space on the bottom right side of the map. (I also got rid of that chest with the creature drink in there. It's WAY too early to be giving those out!) Changes haven't been added to the Attack/Ruin versions yet, though.

• The Black Rose Orphanage can use some work, too. Mainly the back-side. it's too open and empty. I'm thinking about changing some things up in where everything takes place, though.

Once I've got these things out of the way, I can begin reworking the whole Attack sequence. I need everything outside to be done because there's going to be a lot of cut/copy/pasting involved. I have to split the maps into various sections in order to keep the game from lagging in larger areas. It's gonna be a lotta work, but I'm striving to at least have everything ready for the attack by the end of December.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:18 am

You should work on progressing the actual game and story before stopping and doing these polishes and updates. The game will never be complete at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:43 am

No Kapus, I have to do Greenflower City. The attack sequence is extremely broken, and near unplayable on the main computer. This isn't just some polishing I'm doing; this is mandatory maintanence.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:13 pm

That's fine if you want to fix up the bugs, but a lot of the stuff you mentioned sound unnecessary to touch at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.   Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame. - Page 45 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splice The Hedgehog: RPG Fangame.
Page 45 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55 ... 66  Next