Sonic Blitz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction is the activity of the wandering mind...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male
Number of posts : 4055
Birthday : 1992-07-31
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Favorite Sonic Character : Knuckles

&Knuckles

Character sheet
Name: Smash The Echidna
Level: 120
HP (Health Points):
Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Left_bar_bleue217/18001Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Wrote about this on Deviant Art in a journal.

Now, As some of you are aware, I have a roleplay series about all of my characters. I share this series with Kapus and Speedy, my two younger brothers. We've come a long way, our series has stretched on for nearly, if not 5 whole years. I don't remember when exactly we started, but I know it's been around that time. As we went along, our characters developed, new characters were introduced, some were dropped, and others even got a complete remake. As a result, some of the episodes of this series were cut. I call them The Lost Episodes.
Unfortunately, there are some actual Lost Episodes which were, in fact, canon to our series. Not only that, but with some of the episodes cut, that left some plot holes in the story. Though we filled them out with a few prequels, I've noticed that there were other events that hadn't quite been elaborated on. Not only that, but some of the older episodes (most, if not all before The Final Nightmare.) have little descriptions on our SFW page. Since we didn't record a good majority of our RP's, we had to go from memory.

This doesn't satisfy me very much.

SO. That's why I've come up with the idea to remake those episodes; Every last one of them (EXCEPT for The Lost Episodes.) re-written as a fanfiction! This gives me all the chances I need to fix up the plot and fill in all the blanks around! It also let's me relive the old days, as well as share them with everyone else. =D

Of course, I'd have to discuss this idea with Kapus and Speedy. (though I came up with the idea a few days ago, I finally thought it through today (for the past hour&a half, actually.) and decided to make a move on it. So I haven't had the chance to talk to them about it.)
And of course I'd have to do this after I finish writing Memories of David The Echidna. I dunno if it is, but it feels ironically fitting that MoDTE is the (3rd) season finale. Heh. Maybe this remastering could be considered some kind of milestone celebration? Razz

Anyway, This may be something to look forward to. I know I am. ^^

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Smash_The_Echidna
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Left_bar_bleue217/18001Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty_bar_bleue  (217/18001)

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:27 am

I've been doing some planning for this, lately. I think this is where most of my motivation is coming from. I've taken some notes here and there, and I've been looking through old private RP's that made it into the series. (When you see [Smash Only], That's one of them.) I'm hoping to bring back as many things that were lost as I can. (At least ones that should come back, and aren't non-canon.)

To kick things off, Here's the list of episodes that were saved.

List of Roleplays in Chronological Order
(Note that the episodes are listed in what are believed to be the right order. It may or may not be accurate.)
((Please look at the spoiler. I wrapped it all in there to save space.))
Spoiler:

This list will be updated as the roleplays go on.

And finally, here are the events that were lost from the list, or even the timeline, yet were still canon to some degree. These are things that I want to restore.

• Smash's 18th birthday, somewhat important because this is when he got his motorcycle from his cousin, Crash.
  • Speedy and Violet's relationship upgrade, when they finally became an actual couple instead of two really close friends with a crush on each other.
  • That one time Dark Kirby attacked that nobody really remembers.
  • The one time Mike and Lina visited Gizmo in Green Flower City.
  • The first time Smash transformed into Light Smash, which lead him to studying the Chaos Emeralds and super transformations to achieve "High Tension".
  • The time Smash and Luna first met is rather vague, especially with her character getting revamped. Perfect chance to delve into that.
  • Frost and Kirbia's (STILL need to think of a new name for her.) wedding. AND their engagement party, which happened to be on Kirbia's birthday. (or to be more specific, Frost proposed on her birthday.)
  • Sandy The Echidna, debuting in the fanfic that created the RP Episode 5 “Smash And Pearl The Echidnas: Ace Detectives”. Sandy was Pearl’s adoptive daughter, after she befriended a pregnant woman in prison who died giving birth. Sandy should technically be about 5 years old by now. She’s disappeared from the main storyline, and only appeared in episodes that were involving Alestar13. (since she was the original creator of the character)

There are a few events that also were never actually shown, but must be elaborated on as well. Those would be

• Splice’s introduction to The Gang.
  • Frost’s arrival on Mobius, and how he meets everyone. (Basically inevitable, it was even listen in the episode list above, but it really wasn’t ever seen…)
  • Thunder and co.’ s introduction to the gang. (Whatever situation caused them to meet was deemed non-canon, so I have to start fresh there.)
  • How Zap and Crystal became friends.
  • Possibly related to the above, some/most characters are said to be in school. This is a good chance to delve into that.
  • How Zap adopted Aqua (Surprisingly enough, this was rather recent. >.>; )

There are some things I’m considering bringing back. There are some old things that I had COMPLETELY forgotten about while looking back. For instance, looking back at the RP “Kyle the Wandering Hedgehog”, I realized that there were originally 11 gems to the Gemblade (But I quickly switched to 6 the next time it was mentioned, so it may or may not have been a mistake) Not only that, but there was a blacksmith named Max who happened to be a friend of the Tyris family. What’s more, Max apparently was the original creator of the Gemblade, and he made it for Kyle’s father. Yeah, there are some MAJOR contradictions to the current story, there. But it’s possible that I could bring the guy back.
Another thing, which has been lingering in my mind for a long while... Anyone remember Sierrah The Hedgehog? Maybe you don’t , but you’d have gotten a good idea on her in the Lost Episodes. Well, I was thinking about bringing her back. Like, maybe some crazy obsessed psycho girl who would literally give Speedy nightmares, and maybe serve as an occasional villainess. (the link describes the type of character I'm thinking of a little better.) I’m tempted not to bring her back, due to bad memories, but it could work out…

Through all of this…

Where do I begin?

There’s a bit of a problem now that I’m trying to start. See, The series just kinda eased together with little to no plot. And gradually, we developed stories as we went along. And later on, we dumped a good portion of the beginning of the series, which left plot holes everywhere. Though we did go back and make prequels to fill in those blanks, the first episode of the prequels wasn’t…very…fitting for the great beginning. To be frank, the first episode was like one of those random filler episodes that come in the middle of the series, like a breather episode, to get away from the main plot for a while. And then there was a time-skip, one whole year later, to be exact, and THEN the main plot kicked in. The first episode can’t be like that.
So then what do I do?
Well, thanks to Kagome Inuyasha16’s suggestion, I think that it’s best that I start out with Smash, and a set few other people, and introduce them as the main characters. I’m thinking Smash, Speedy, Maybe Gizmo, and possibly Tab. (Though I’m not entirely sure, since Tab gets introduced in the third episode, not in the second. But then again, Gizmo is introduced in the third episode too…) I’ll start out with them, and show how their lives were before everyone met, and then I’ll ease into the main plot. I’ll need Kapus and Speedy’s help for this, of course. I could ask them to write about their specific characters, while I write about Smash and Gizmo.
And THAT, My friends, will be the True first episode.

Last edited by Smash The Echidna on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Well, looking back, I've managed to recover quite a bit of the old stuff. I've gathered enough info on Ale's old fanfic and our RP to prepare a remake of it for the series, and I've managed to recover two whole episodes; Episode 14: The loss of a friend, and Episode 17: The Voyages of Thunder The Hedgehog. Neither of them actually finished, but it's more than enough for me to work off of. Unfortunately though, I lost quite a bit of the beginning of Episode 17. Myspace's sentbox is WAY smaller than it's inbox, which I have reason to believe is infinitely big.

Still, it's enough for me to work off of. Next, I'm gonna try to find episodes 18 and 23, the latter being so long that it'd take a while to fully recover it. I'm also going to try and see if I can find my RP with Cymbeline. I think that these are all the ones that are really worth keeping, though if I find anymore I'm definitely going to save them as well.

Oh, and Episode 6: Kyle The Wandering Hedgehog. That's most likely going to be completely redone from scratch, seeing how his story was unclear until just a couple years ago. Though I may take some things from it as a little continuity nod.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Favorite Sonic Character : Crabmeat

Character sheet
Name: Kapus
Level: 4
HP (Health Points):
Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Left_bar_bleue250/250Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I'll be watching.

I was never really in a hurry to re-elaborate on the beginning of the story because Frost's inclusion always felt awkward and out of place to me. I'm not very fond of crossovers like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoTailsTheFox
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Same here, actually. If I could go back, I wouldn't have done it. But, what's done is done. I just have to work with it.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):
Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Left_bar_bleue250/250Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Not really.

I don't think Frost had that big of an impact on Smash and friends story wise. I think Frost could be eliminated from the story easily. It'll leave out a few humorous moments, but nothing serious.

If this were to happen, Frost's story (known as Frost's Adventure) would have to change quite a bit. But I think it was already needed lots of tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

I'd already done most of all the tweaking Frost's story needed. I just didn't write the whole thing out.

A lot of things would end up changing, though. They needed Frost for multiple things, mainly because of the Power Star. Plus, a big portion of the first season would end up being thrown away, due to the whole Dark Kirby saga. (We'd also need a new season finale at that.) It has a bit of a bigger impact than you think.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Smash The Echidna wrote:
They needed Frost for multiple things, mainly because of the Power Star.
The power star was basically their cheap way to get out of a lot of bad situations. I don't really see this as a bad thing.

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Plus, a big portion of the first season would end up being thrown away, due to the whole Dark Kirby saga. (We'd also need a new season finale at that.) It has a bit of a bigger impact than you think.
Exactly. To me, that whole side of the story is an old shame to me and I often avoid it as an elephant in the room. You want to rewrite all of this as a "fanfic," right? this is a good chance to get rid of all the bad or "meh" stuff that feels awkward in the series canon. So let me rephrase that: I don't think Frost had a small impact on the story and such. I think he had a bad impact that we could easily remedy.

You could rewrite most of the first "season" with new episodes (some based on the lost ones you described) or just merge what is left with the second season.

And for the record, a season finale doesn't have to be grand or spectacular to be a season finale.
Back to top Go down
Smash Corliss
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz
Smash Corliss

Male

&Knuckles

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Well, you have a good point there. It's going to feel awkward re-writing Frost out of the plot, but I suppose it's for the better.

And thinking of it now, in a way the whole Dark Kirby saga was kind of just a big series of interruptions for the main plot..though there wasn't much of a "main" plot to have back then.

I didn't say it had to be. But it will still have to be something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Hoarder of Memories~
~Hoarder of Memories~
Kapus

Female

Character sheet
HP (Health Points):

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Glad to see we're in agreement.

Keep posting your ideas here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake   Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Series Fanfiction Remake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next